Pave Paradise

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #98 – Pave Paradise

Poison Ivy is infuriated when she reads a story in the Gotham Gazette: 'Mayor to 'Pave Paradise': Put up Parking Lot'.

"Harley!" Ivy calls out to her friend. "I got a job for you, girl."

Even Megan reads about this too from her computer book knows that someone's going to strike...

"Don't tell me...Ivy's going to get this guy, isn't she?" she suits up. "I better look up on this one."

Ivy enlists Harley Quinn's help in breaking into the mayor's grounds and replacing a bag of run-of-the-mill lawn seed with some of Ivy's personal brand of seeds. For Megan sees this, she sneaks inside of the place quietly to help out the mayor. While Ivy tells Harley to stay in the car and not move, which she rigidly obeys, even as pigeons begin to land on her.

"Just stay here, Harley, I don't want to find you like last time. Whatever you do, don't move from this spot."

With Ivy going inside of the place next, Megan had to be sure that she was well prepared.

"(Ivy's here.)" she sees Harley was outside in the car with lots of birds on here. "(Ah...I'll come back for her last. Those birds would do well to be their own lively statue to poop on. Ha!)"

Poison Ivy takes a vine into the mayor's bedroom, and—having put the guards to sleep and covered the house in vines—pressures him into following up on his campaign promises and vetoing the proposal to build a mega-mall on Gotham's wetlands. Even after he caves and signs the requested form, as one last piece of 'assurance', she infects him with plant spores—'Pinocchio Berries'—that will, based on minute changes in his body chemistry, cause a plant to (painfully) grow on his skin whenever he lies. Guess he won't be lying anymore after today.

"There, no more lies, okay?"

"Okay, deal!" he said.

Looks like Ivy was done to warn the mayor and nothing else.

"Hold it, Ivy-!" Megan was about to stop her until Ivy stops the bounty hunter first.

By showing her some paperwork.

"It's fine, Megan. Look." Ivy shows her enemy. "You see, this man was about to destroy life itself a bit too much. So I had to stop him from paperwork, making sure that he wouldn't lie about it, and we just talked. No one else got hurt and my plants will not do nothing else to him, because if he did...you know." she places an orange on a vine to be squeeze. "Like so."

"Huh? Let me see that." Megan looks at it to see Ivy didn't commit a crime tonight and the mayor to almost do something bad to be unharmed too and allows it. "Hmm...Never mind. Until next time. (I guess I get my payment early tomorrow.)"

Looks like the Mayor has learned his lesson tonight, didn't he?

"Oh, come on, Megan, you too?!" he was upset. "Next time, I need to rethink my line of work."

With Megan leaving, it was all good to have something done right for once. Back at home, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn watch triumphantly as the mayor, wearing a large turban on his head, resigns from his position due to a health condition that will no longer allow him to pursue politics.

"Oh, really?" Harley made a joke there.

"Well, ain't that the truth?" same with Ivy.

The two laugh together as Megan looks at the mayor's new look from lying almost...

"Now that look is worth a thousand words."

And this is why people like them are the worse compared to criminals now a days.