Double Talk

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #90 – Double Talk

The time has come for Arnold Wesker, the Ventriloquist, to leave Arkham Asylum. He leaves his cell and heads towards a park but finds that an old chest is chasing after him. Scarface starts calling out to him from the chest and both Megan and Batman arrived. Rhino and Mugsy start firing their guns and Scarface escapes. Jumping onto Wesker, Scarface fires his gun directly at Wesker. As Wesker wakes up from his nightmare and looks at the papers that indicate he has been rehabilitated. The next day, Wesker talks to his therapist about the recurring dream, but she assures him that it's natural and he's just worried about leaving. She tells Wesker that if he keeps away from his past, he should be safe from Scarface. Wesker isn't convinced, as he isn't used to being alone. Megan hears about this as she keeps Gidget to watch on Wesker while she reports everything back to Bruce/Batman.

"(Hmm...I just hope Arnold will be fine now, after his other half Scarface was nothing but trouble...First time seeing this, it blew my mind.)" said Megan to make her have goosebumps. "Never again."

Wesker is given a new apartment at Wayne Gardens Halfway House and a job at Wayne Enterprises. With a cool computer-like safe with lots of money, that's something else.

"Pretty impressive technology here, isn't it, Megan?" Lucius Fox shows her how it's down. "Open authorization Lucius Fox."

The safe opens by voice command from Lucius's voice to open and close the safe, it has lots of priceless money and other things to keep from getting it to open from bad guys no more.

"Amazing. It makes me want to have one back at home. (And Arnold's new working place, nicely done, Bruce.)"

As the security was putting the things away and Wesker to be working hard, Bruce and Megan wanted to make sure that he was doing well on his first day. Nervous and all, but he was doing well.

"Arnold." Bruce caught him by surprise. "How are you doing?"

"Oh! I'm fine." he sees Megan. "Ms. Tsuki, I hope you can forgive me from all the trouble in the past."

The two shake on it, Arnold finds Megan a kind of cute to him and she was really nice to the man.

"It's nothing, dude, Scarface was to blame. And not you." she said. "Looking good to be working hard."

"And thank you again for helping you. Both of you and Batman."

"It was nothing." said Bruce. "I hope you'll do much better now as a free man."

"Same." Megan added. "And if you need anything, call me. I'll whoop up any bad people who try stepping all over you again."

With Arnold smiling, he'll do just fine from the looks of it.

"I will."

Megan sees Arnold to be a nice guy all along to have no bad things to come in him again. One night as he leaves from work, Rhino and Mugsy confront him and start asking when Scarface is coming back. Wesker insists that Scarface is gone, but his old 'friends' aren't accepting it. Fortunately, Batman and Megan arrived, and they both start beating the two thugs up.

"Let him go!" Batman arrives.

For Megan fires some warning shots close to the two bad boys – for them to stay away from Arnold.

"Rhino and Mugsy. Hello. I wish nothing more than to send you two in prison with a sweet bounty money for me. Now don't move!" she meant it. "I've been keeping up with my own skills for two years now and your boss Scarface is long gone. Get over it."