Never Fear

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Episode #94 – Never Fear

A man swings gleefully through Gotham's skyscrapers. Onlookers initially mistake him for Batman, at least until he smacks into a bank of lights. The real thing quickly spots him, with Megan, and with Robin close behind.

"An odd weirdo swinging for his life. That's something you don't see every day."

Good point there, Megan, still...she, Batman, and Robin can't let him do this a lot or he'll get hurt. Or worse, killed.

"What's his story?" asked Robin.

"Let's find out." said Batman.

They follow him until the man's wild antics destroy part of a huge ad and leave him dangling over a ledge.

"Batman! Robin! Trouble down below!" Megan tells the boys.

They manage to stop the ad's debris and its live wires from crushing or electrocuting anyone down below. As Batman tries to reason with the man, but he simply won't listen, claiming he no longer has any sense of fear.

"Now, there's a window a few feet from here and if you just follow me..."

But the man laughs instead of listening to Batman.

"Window?" he thinks it was a joke. "I'm not going in. This going to be the best night of my life."

Megan arrives and overhears this mess.

"What's your problem, dude? You could've gotten yourself killed! Or...the others down there!" she said. "Batman!"

"She right you know. It could've also be the last." he said.

"Oh, come on! There's nothing to be afraid of. Fear's a prison, y'see, and I've just broken out!" he dances joyfully "Tag." the man then pushes Batman to start falling and himself.

"Batman!!!" Megan panics.

After this, he tackles Batman, throwing both off the building. Batman uses a grappling gun to have himself and then snag the daredevil in midair.

"Relax, Megan, I'm fine. Also, I caught him."

Nicely done, Batman. One man saved for the others to be grateful about, even for Megan. As the crowd cheers, a man in a white suit, not looking so satisfied, leaves.

"Please don't scare me like that again..." she sees a strange man who knew about the mess there. "(Huh? That man looked like he knew about this mess. Really now...?)"

He then confers in an auditorium with a shadowy figure, who berates him for not keeping a watch on the lunatic, who turns out to be a test subject. He feels, acts, and looks sort of familiar...Hmm...As Bruce Wayne enters his office the next day, his secretary informs him that an employee has been calling all day, and that Tim is waiting in his office. Megan sees him first.

"Hi, Megan, is Bruce around?"

"What are you doing here, Tim?" she asks him.

Even Bruce himself wonders.

"Playing hookie?"

"It's summer vacation! How'd you forget that?" he said as Bruce glares at him. "Never mind, I forgot who I was talking to."

Then Bruce comes in to see Tim fooling around.

"You're lucky that is Summer break for you."

"Anyways, what happen to the man the other night?" Tim asks him.