- Cat -n- Mouse -n- Cat -n- Mouse -n-

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #111 - Cat -n- Mouse -n- Cat -n- Mouse -n-

For Megan tries to guard the museum and kept her eyes open from her friend/enemy.

"Another night, another watch from Selina herself." she said.

Of course from Catwoman herself was a sneaky one to getting in and pats a statue cat.

"Nice kitty." Catwoman breaks into the Gotham Museum, hoping to steal the Glass Cat...and finds that somebody has beaten her there—somebody with her exact M.O., having carefully carved a hole in the window, knocked out a guard, and stolen the cat in the same way. "She's good."

"Hey, Selina! Don't move!"

"Hi, Megan, you got the wrong thief. She's getting away with my item." Catwoman uses her whip to give chase. "Excuse me."

Megan tries to catch up to her by using her jet-like backpack.

"Wait up!" she follows.

Just seeing her as she escapes through the skylight, Catwoman leaps up to follow her, and begins to chase her mysterious quarry through the rooftops.

"She's really good."

Finally, as the shadowy figure silently taunts her from above, Catwoman uses her whip to knock her back through another skylight and into a laboratory. Megan enters in it as well.

"A lab? Where did this come from?" she has a look around and sees the item destroyed. "Oh, nice going."

"I know. What a waste." Following, Catwoman is disappointed to find that the Glass Cat broke on impact, and surprised to find a time machine dominating most of the room. "A time machines. Check this out, Megan."

Megan sees it.

"Oh, wow! I never thought these things were real!" Megan loves it. "Maybe that other thief use this too when she fell in this lab room."

"You don't think.... Ah, why not?"

Catwoman plays around to test the time machine for a bit – she goes from -1,000,000,000 years to sit on a sabretooth, then +1,000 years into the future for a robot cat to control. And finally, the real deal. She sends herself back fifteen minutes, hoping to beat her opponent to the museum and steal the artifact first. Megan tags along on this one.

"Hey, I'm coming too!" she joins in with Catwoman.

"Why not? The more, the merrier." Catwoman sets it up. "We go back fifteen minutes ago to get that glass cat before that other thief gets there first."

She and Megan are successful—carefully clawing a hole in the window and opening it, knocking out a guard, and stealing the Cat in the same way before escaping through the skylight and jumping away.

"I'll wait here until we give chase again...I guess."

Seeing the stranger chasing her, Catwoman, refusing to let her have the artifact, flees across the rooftops, pauses on a tall building for Megan to follow, and is knocked into the building itself, where the Glass Cat breaks as she hits the floor.

"What a waste." she sees Megan. "We lost it again, Megan."

The two then hear something to see the thief coming into the lab next.

"Come here, Selina, hide."

Slowly beginning to realize what's going on, Catwoman hides in a corner as she watches herself manipulate the time machine and send herself back in time.

"I was right—she was good..." Catwoman then smashes time machine. "But there's only room in this town for one of us!" she leaves after that. "Hey, Megan, you wanna chase me still?"

Following in her own footsteps, she approaches the time machine, and smashes it with the butt of her whip, declaring that there's only room in Gotham for one of her, and leaves. Megan follows Catwoman to continue their chase and they both leave the lab be afterwards to never see the time machine ever again.

"Ah, I guess so. Wait up!" she follows. "(So many things are better left unsaid. It's better this way.)"

Behind them, the Glass Cat glows briefly, then disappears, reappearing intact in the Gotham Museum...Trippe plot twist there, huh? Yep...