Lady X

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #102 – Lady-X

A mysterious woman covers the headlines: the mysterious criminal Lady-X, who is Lady-X. Megan doesn't know much about it, but she was a villain with a big bounty on her head for committing so many crimes.

"(Hmm...Lady-X strikes again. From robbery, causing damages within people's homes, putting their lives in danger, and weapon archery...?)" Megan reads about it from her computer book. "Something tells me I have to get Barbara to aid me on this one. Sadly, I can't do this alone. I mean, Bruce would say the same thing to me before taking action. So why not?"

This Lady-X character, who has systematically earned the ire of Harley Quinn (using a pie as a gimmick while taking the mayor's wife hostage), for her to tell her friend Ivy about it.

"Did you hear what she did? She kidnapped the mayor's wife and held her for ransom." Harley shows Ivy the papers about Lady-X.

"So?" Ivy asked.

"So? She used a pie! A pie!!!"

For Harley Quinn to use pie as a weapon was an odd thing to complain about.

"Oh, what kind?"

"I think it was a meringue of some sort, or maybe lemon, or..." she pauses, annoyed. "It doesn't matter! Pie is my M.O.!!!" Harley throws a pie past Poison Ivy, hitting a picture of the Joker hanging on the wall. "Ha ha ha ha ha! That gets me every time..."

And she wasn't the only one either. Catwoman (stealing the Cat's Paw Opal) and Poison Ivy (setting fire to the Cloyster Woods as a distraction). I guess all three of them have a goal to stop Lady-X by working together on this one. All concerned agree that she must be stopped.

"She works Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays at the Tower Top Gym."

Catwoman tracks her to the Tower Top Gym, Poison Ivy uses a set of seeds to grow a vine and bring them to the top floor, and Batgirl follows all three of them along with Megan too 'as she was right to follow them to get to Lady-X for the bounty money'.

"I guess you were right, Megan. With more villains, there will be this Lady-X." she climbs on the vines first. "Let's go."

"Thanks, but I'll fly." Megan uses her jet pack. "Meet you at the top."

All six meets in a steam bath, where Lady-X briefly gives them a slip.

"Got ya!" Catwoman removes Batgirl's towel off her head. "Batgirl?"

Same with Ivy to Harley.

"Harley?"

"Ivy? Catwoman?" Megan does those two as well.

"Megan?" all three of the villains say it together.

They then see Lady-X in a towel making her escape.

"Hey! Putting our differences aside, she's getting away!"

For Megan gives chase in their towels, the other four girls follow her to get Lady-X.

"After her!"

"Right!" Batgirl gives chase with the other girls.

Chasing all over the gym hallways for them to not stop...They engage in a confused chase through the upper levels of the gym, until they finally corner their target in a weight room. For her to be suited up and with powers...! Anyways, Batgirl was no match against Lady-X nor was Catwoman; for Megan uses her ESP powers to give her a tug-a-war type of fight with it holding her down long enough.

"Everyone! Now's our chance to attack!"

With Megan saying that part as Harley and Ivy gave both Catwoman and Batgirl a push to throw directly at Lady-X and Megan to move away, the five Gotham Girls manage defeating her, and the story of her capture appears on the front page of the Gotham Times. With the money being made for Megan, it was good for her and Batgirl to celebrate.

"Another job well done."

"You said it." said Megan.

Same with Ivy, Harley, and Catwoman celebrating as well by having milk shakes together the next night.

"Another perfect victory to us."

"You gotta love it!"

"I couldn't agree more."

Kind of an odd type of team work to happen on one night, huh? But that was fun either way. Also, that Lady-X character was a fan made favorite from a contest a while back...well done.