Ms.-ing In Action

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #125 - Ms.-ing in Action

And now here's the story from the last season of Gotham Girls, with a ten-part saga you don't wanna miss.... Let's begin! Approaching the Special Crimes Dangerous Evidence Vault, a woman takes out a key card. Inside, Catwoman drops in, and is surprised to see the vault opened and thoroughly ransacked—and even more surprised when the woman opens the door, sees her, and sounds an alarm. She flees the scene. Up above, Megan sees the danger to be going on with Batgirl too as she gets distracted from chasing Catwoman when (berating herself for leaving it on) she receives a call from her father on her cell phone.

"(Another night, another day to catch the bad guys again.)" Megan hears the call. "Ah, Barbara, you got a call coming."

"Smooth move, Barbara, leaving your phone on. Thank you, Megan." she answers it who was her father, Gordon. "Hey, Dad." Batgirl talks to her dad to see Catwoman making her escape. "Oh, I see...Sorry, Dad, I'm a little busy right now. Call you later. Love you, bye." she hangs up. "Megan!"

She was all set to get going.

"Right behind you. (Looks like Selina's at it again.)"

When the criminal escapes on a stolen motorbike for Catwoman to make her getaway, Batgirl gets into a cab with Megan tagging along, telling the driver to follow her—and drives right by Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn, who are on their way to Arkham Asylum at Harley's request to break in and visit the Joker.

"Yeah, that's right, you crazy nut!" the driver cures at them. "Go back to Arkham, where ya belong!"

Batgirl and Megan sees the danger, for Megan gets her car to jump to her car to follow Catwoman instead.

"Trying to have us killed or what?! Batgirl, you go get Harley and Ivy then and I'll get Catwoman." she drives off. "Go!"

And so she does to tell the taxi driver to follow someone else instead.

"Follow that nut! And Megan, be careful!"

Batgirl changes targets, and a new chase begins, even as she continues talking to her dad—but there is no longer anybody at the other end. A secretary, Dora, tells her that he just vanished. Batgirl is incredulous until she finally notices that the cab driver is gone, too, and that the taxi is out of control. Meanwhile, on the road to Arkham and much to Harley's distress, Ivy races straight toward a wall, behind which there are scheduled to be a group of male inmates working out. Making creative use of a giant plant, she jumps the car over the wall. Same with Megan to drive by to see all of the men went missing on the streets.

"What the...?" she tries calling up for backup. "Alfred, could you contact Bruce for me? Hello?" she couldn't get anything. "Alfred? Batman? Tim? Dick? Anyone...?" Megan still get anything from them. "(What has happened to them...? Or all of the other men?)"

Batgirl barely manages to regain control of the car in time to avoid running off a cliff and picks up the phone to find the new voice of Acting Commissioner Caroline Greenway, another woman, who informs her that her father is 'gone'. In Arkham, Ivy and Harley, having landed in the workout area, look around at the distinct lack of male inmates, as snowflakes begin to fall.

"Huh?" Ivy was confused. "Where are all the men?"

"Pudding? Where are you?" same with Harley.

Greenway tells Batgirl that all the men in Gotham have disappeared, wait...Disappeared?! All of them? Even Joker, Batman, Gordon, Alfred, Robin, and Nightwing? Not good for Batgirl to be hearing about all of this, even for Megan too.

"Whatever's happening to all of the boys, this was no accident..." Megan said to herself.

As Harley catches a snowflake, sadly repeating, 'Pudding...?' Yeah, this is only the beginning.