The Vault

The New Batman Adventures 'Fan Fiction Love Story'

By Tayla Drago

Gotham Girls

Episode #87 – The Vault

'Now in these parts will have Megan in it to have some fun along the way, enjoy!'

A massive vine leads from the streets, past two subdued guards, to the top of a high building, where Poison Ivy is attempting to open a vault holding a fortune in diamonds while Harley Quinn acts as a lookout. For Megan sneaks inside the building for her to put a stop these women.

"(Oh, great...Harley Quinn and Poison Ivy again?)" she questions herself while keeping her guard up. "(Will these two ever learn? I better be ready for anything once they try to steal the diamonds with the safe.)"

For Megan to do just that, Ivy tries to open the safe very carefully...

"A fortune of diamonds in this vault...and it's about to be ours."

Ivy begins to try opening the safe. However, Harley's antics begin to distract Ivy as she sings an annoying song.

"You say something, Red?" she asked.

"Girl...!" Ivy tries to keep her cool. "I can't open the vault if you're singing...!"

Harley realizes her mistake there to not do anymore.

"Sorry...won't happen again."

"It better not." Ivy said to her partner.

For Megan was seeing this to try stopping them, but surprisingly Harley was doing it for it.

"(Ah, what are they doing...?)" she was lost to enjoy the show little by little.

Then Harley starts humming it and tap her fingers on the floor while waiting, to still be distracting Ivy to tell her to stop.

"I wasn't singing, I was humming." said Harley.

"Find something else to do with your mouth other than yap."

Soon Megan sits back to wait for the right time to stop them while enjoying the show.

"(Okay, now this is funny to watch.)"

And finally, Harley blows a piece of bubble gum until it pops right near Ivy's face. Now she has done it to make Megan laugh while hiding. Ivy, fed up, threatens to 'cram fast-growing cactus seeds up [Harley's] tuckus' if she doesn't stop distracting her. Sounds like a threat there...

"If I hear one more sound out of you...! Just one more sound...!" Ivy shows Harley her plant. "I'll cram fast-growing cactus seeds up your tuckus!!!"

Well, that shut Harley up for good now. For Megan contacts the police by using her watch to arrive at the scene for her to get ready to make a move.

"(Well, I'm enjoying the fun for me to stop them in a few seconds...)" she said. "(I was enjoying the two friendships while it last.)"

At this, Harley remains silent, even as she sees Gotham's police swarm the area. Harley tries to say something but couldn't because of Ivy was threatening her not to say a word at all to finish opening the vault.

"Not one sound...? Got it?" Ivy manages to crack the combination and open the vault. "You outta sing now, Harley-Girl. You go right ahead and sing."

"Ah...Red?"

Just as Megan appears to stop Harley and Ivy in time from stealing the diamonds, the duo is caught and arrested.

"Yeah, I don't think so, girls." Megan cuffs them both. "But thanks for the show. Ivy was really going to stick a lively plant up your butt, huh Harley. Just because you couldn't keep your mouth shut. What a shame..."

Harley can only shrug helplessly as her partner berates her for not saying anything.

"Harley...you were supposed to be watching...!" Ivy argued. "Didn't you see them come in? Or Megan?"

You threaten Harley to stay quiet, remember, Ivy?

"Sure, I did, Red." Harley said.

"Then why didn't you say something?"

For Megan to not get those two bad girls who are also friends and such, she'll never know. Or Harley to be clueless and/or Ivy to sometimes be forgetful maybe.