21- getting better

5 months later:

I have been working with Task Force 141 for 5 solid months now where I have had the great opportunity to meet many people who don't care who I really am. Starting with Captain Price, he has treated and mentored me as if he were a father...sometimes I can't help but cry on the sly because I feel like he is becoming my father figure....

Farah, she has shown me what's it is a truly friendship. Our trust in telling each other things is like if we have known each other since we were little, I love talking to her in the evenings and laughing until our bellies hurt...she really is one of my favorite people.

Speaking of laughter, Soap, he makes me laugh the most. His jokes and his way of being simply fills me with good vibes, besides being a comedy graduate he is also a very good friend, I can trust him with everything and his advices are the best.

Gaz, he has always looked like a serious person or he's always trying to but he just looks like a teddy bear. He is very cute and friendly! He is going to be a dad for the first time in his life, whenever his fiancée sends him pictures of her sonograms, Gaz keeps showing everyone his baby. Everyone says it will be a boy but in reality I think it will be a strong and cute girl.

Alex , I haven't really gotten to know him well, he is always sent to other bases to take on missions allied to Task Force, but the times I have been able to meet him face to face, he has always treated me well and he's extremely loyal to his team especially to Farah...I feel like the two of them end up together.

And Ghost...at first I thought he was a very narcissistic and selfish person but I was completely wrong. Ghost has been very strong with me but at the same time he has been very good to me. He is always giving me advice or lessons like a father too. At first I thought he was falling for me but I was also wrong, apparently Ghost is happily married and he have 3 children with his wife. He has never said anything to me about that but he is also very private with everyone about his personal life. I can say for sure that the bond that we have formed between him and I is a very strong friendship.

"May I come in?" I knocked on Ghost's office door.

"Come in." Ghost answered me.

When I opened the door he was sitting behind his desk while he signed a few papers. He had a mountain of them.

"Soap told me you wanted to see me, what's up?" I asked him as I sat down in one of the chairs in front of the desk.

"Tomorrow the whole team will be going to headquarters , we have a mission. Price, tried to include you but the higher ups said no." Ghost told me as he continued to sign off.

"Why?" I asked him.

"The mission is related to your brother..and for your situation and safety they can't let you go."

I gave a sarcastic laugh- "I'm not useless, you know? I know how to defend myself." I said a little annoyed.

"I know, but we must avoid. We need you alive not dead." Ghost said again without looking at me.

"I think I was trained all my life not to die just like that-"

"If you can really take care of yourself then why were you afraid of your brother?" Ghost asked me but this time looking at me.

I went to open my mouth but he interrupted me again.
"Svetlana, listen-we all know how capable you are, no one is thinking that you are useless. Simply that you are a person of great value right now. We can't allow your life to be in unnecessary danger. I am aware that you were very well trained but you are not immortal." Ghost said as he put the pen down on top of his papers.