63- Lara Callahan

König's pov:

I opened my eyes, it was already dark and my head hurt a lot. I tried to get up but a strong pain in my chest made me lie down again. I looked at my body, I was only wearing my hospital pajama pants, my torso was all naked but surrounded by white bands.

"Easy love, you're okay! Let me call the doctor." Stiletto appeared on my right side. Her face looked destroyed, like if she had been sleeping on the couch next to my bed for days.

My face itched a little so I scratched it but...the weirdest thing was that I had hair back in my beard. I had shaved the day before the mission, how can I have hair again?

At least...

"Stiletto, how long have I been here?" I asked .

"Honey, you've been here for a week." Stiletto answered me.

My heart stopped. I need to know what happened, how is Svet?

The doctor checked me and told me that I had been in a process of beginning of coma but that I had come out of it, I had lost a lot of blood which several soldiers donated for my well being, I had two bullet wounds which in surgery were controlled and that tomorrow I could return home to rest.

I was still trying to think what had happened. Will Svetlana be all right? Is my team ok?

Stiletto kept telling me that she had some gaps in her head about what had happened in the war, that she couldn't remember a lot of things.

"Where is Horangi?" I asked her while I ate.

The hospital food tastes awful.

"He's in his room, he's being discharged tomorrow, just like the others." Stiletto said she also had on her left wrist a hospital band.

"You were hospitalized too?" I asked very confused.

Stiletto raised her wrist- "yes I was discharged 2 days ago."

"Why our team was hospitalized?" I asked.

"König, honey-we all got hurt." Stiletto told me.

What? Of course not.

"What are you talking about? Nobody got hurt. Just me and Svetlana. Where is she?" I asked.

When Stiletto heard that I had mentioned Svetlana her face became a little serious but there was something strange in her look. She was nervous.

"Honey, our team was knocked unconscious. Task Force saved us." Stiletto said but omitting Svetlana.

"What the fuck are you talking about Stiletto? Where is Svetlana?" I asked but this time my voice was more serious and loud.

She lowered her gaze.

The door opened and Price along with Laswell entered my room.

Stiletto stood up-"he's asking about Svetlana...I- I can't." With that she left the room.

"Captain Price, Chief Laswell." I said looking at them . Now we were alone.

"Colonel König, how are you?" Laswell asked me.

"I'm very well, but-somewhat confused." I told her as I interlocked my hands.

"Why?" Laswell asked me.

"Why my team is hospitalized?" I asked them very seriously.

"Don't you remember? Your team was attacked by Vladimir and his men. Any more and we almost lost them in that explosion. Task Force arrived in time to rescue them. So did Callahan-" Laswell said.