31- the past

next morning:

We all had to get up very early for a meeting that Laswell called. Everyone was already getting ready and sitting down for it...I was sitting as I looked up at the podium which was still empty, I was in total silence as the others were talking to each other.

I was still a little upset and sad about what happened between König and me yesterday....

My head was full of things right now...I could replay the scene over and over again without stopping. His gaze was penetrating my head....

I have had the chance to be with any other man but I have to fall in love with him?! Why?!

I try to forget about him and say 'fuck it there are more men' but I can't convince myself.

"Are you okay?" The deep, husky, British voice asked me.

I already knew who it was, so I didn't even bother to look.

The chair behind/next to me moved so Ghost was sitting in it. As he sat down he placed a cup of coffee in front of me.

I looked at him and he was with his mask up to his nose as he drank from his cup which was most likely tea. British.

"Thank you" I said as I raised the cup.

"Will ya' tell me what's wrong with ya'?" Ghost asked me without looking at me.

"So obvious is it?" I asked him as I laughed.

Ghost gave a short laugh and looked at me- "I'm used to this kind of humor in my house so I know something is wrong with you."

Poor Ghost.

"It's actually nothing." I told him as I took another sip from the cup.

then Maely walked in along with Soap, Farah and Gaz into the meeting room sitting down next to Ghost.

"Good morning, Svetlana." Maely said to me with a smile.

"Good morning." I replied back with another smile.

"You smiling in the mornings? Impossible." Soap said to me in surprise.

"Coffee takes its toll." I said with a chuckle.

"I'll start giving you coffee every morning" Soap said again laughing.

"Shut up." Maely said pushing him.

I couldn't help and laugh as Soap and Maely kept arguing non-stop like two little kids, you could tell that the friendship of the two of them was very strong. It also leaves me laughing as Farah and Gaz kept talking ignoring them and Ghost just kept drinking his tea ignoring them as well.

They are funny.

Then the door opened again and König along with Horangi walked in while carrying several papers in their hands. König's gaze fell on me for a few seconds...as did mine on him.....

Quickly we both stopped looking at each other as if we were both strangers.

"Nothing's wrong?" Ghost said to me as he gave a short, sarcastic laugh again. He had seen us.

"You know I'll never get tired of telling you how much I hate your British ass." I told him rolling my eyes.

"And I will never get tired of detesting your Russian ass."

We both looked at each other and laughed.

| |

2 minutes later:

Laswell and Price were already in the room getting ready. So we were all quietly waiting for them.

"Let's get started, we will be deploying to Russian territory in a few hours. Because we are short of soldiers, Price and I made a few friendly calls and re-recruited some very important and reliable people for this mission or missions." Laswell said.