49- Chase

Keegan and I started packing our things including our uniforms, I had been given permission to travel to Washington DC where Task Force and half of KorTac were going to be present.

There had been a terrorist attack on one of the most touristy museums in California where Josephine and Chase's school happened to be on a field trip.

We quickly arrived at the base to catch the flight we were all going to have. Simon and Maely were not there as well as Laswell and Price since only 2 seconds after hearing the terrible news, they took the first flight created by Laswell directly to Washington.

Chase Riley, was in critical condition. He was rushed to the best hospital on the American base in Washington where the Task Force HQs were currently located.

I kept thinking about Josephine's death and Chase's condition...I felt guilt for them. I kept thinking about the possibilities that the terrorist attack was Vladimir's plan.

I wouldn't be surprised.

"It's going to be okay...take it easy. It wasn't your fault." Keegan told me as he placed his left hand on my knee. He had noticed how anxiously I was moving my legs.

I managed my emotions a little and gave him a smile-"I know...but-I won't stop feeling-"

"Guilty? But it's not your fault." Keegan told me.

"Indirectly yes." I replied.

"It's not your fault from any existing context, Svetlana." Keegan repeated to me.

"Do you think- Maely blames me?" I asked Keegan with great fear.

"Maely? No. Yes she'll be all in pieces but she won't blame you. She knows it's not your fault. Just- take it easy when you see her- she's not having an easy time." Keegan told me explaining.

I nodded my head in agreement but still , I kept thinking about it.

"Take a nap. When we get there the least we'll do is sleep. We've got a long time of work ahead of us." Keegan told me.

I agreed and leaned on his shoulder.

I feel so guilty.

| |

Maely's pov:
Washington DC
3:27am

Simon and I were about to go to sleep when both of our personal phones started ringing at the same time. My screen said Nohan while Simon's screen said Logan...my heart stopped at the sight of their names.

Something bad had happened, I felt it in my bones, they wouldn't call so urgently for anything stupid...and neither in this time, literally from Germany to California is almost 5hrs of difference.

I remember hearing the horrible news that no parent would like to hear. I knew my world was falling down on me in just one phone call.

I remember dropping my phone on the floor unable to move, how Simon quickly hugged me to try to comfort me.

I remember how I started to cry and scream while Simon just stroked my head as he tried to comfort me. I knew he was also feeling the same as me but...he was being strong for both of us.

"Honey, we're here." I looked to my right side and Simon was already out of the black CIA suv which was escorting us to the hospital. Price, Laswell and other soldiers were waiting for me.

I nodded slightly, I took Simon's hand and stepped out of the suv. As we walked by there..were a lot of soldiers and agents everywhere. As we walked through, they all gave us the salute.