57- home wrecker

Our trip back to Germany was a very strange one, we were all very worried about Maely's current condition which made us all weird.

I felt this big worry about who was behind all this, because the only person that came to my mind was Vladimir. I know very well what he is like, but I also know that this attack on Maely was not his doing.

When we arrived back in Germany we were all very tired and it was early morning in German time. So we were given only 3 hours to sleep.

Which had already passed.

I was getting out of the shower and drying my body to get dressed. I put on my new uniform which was from Task Force 141. I felt very honored to be wearing this...many would like to be here so I should be proud of myself and wear my uniform with a lot of respect.

*knock knock*
"Svetlana! Are you finished?" I heard Roze's voice ask from the other side of the door.

I opened the door and gave her a smile- "yes, let's go." I said.

She agreed and we started walking as she grabbed my arm- "I can't believe you switched units." She said to me.

"Yeah well-it's a great opportunity." I told her .

"Yes it is, I'm happy for you." Roze said giving me a smile.

We stood in front of the meeting room door because the meeting was going to start in like 3 hours.

"Tell me how have things been around here?" I asked trying to start a conversation.

"Well-actually everything normal. We have been working on the attacks but they are dead ends. We only found a connection to Russia, other than that nothing." Roze said, her voice was one of much stress.

"With Russia? Do you think Vladimir has anything to do with it?" I asked.

"Honestly, yes. It's an important factor - but there's more." Roze told me but before she told me anything else she started looking around, Roze stuck to me to tell me everything.

"I overheard a conversation between König and the higher ups, Callisto's group found a strong lead pointing to Star Starkov." Roze told me.

I widened my eyes-"but she wasn't on our side?"

"Apparently it was all a fake. We fell into a trap." Roze said.

Oh fuck.

"Svetlana." I heard König's voice. My heart stopped for a few seconds as I turned to look at him.

Our eyes remained frizzy looking at each other wordlessly. The atmosphere felt a little tense and strange.

"König," I replied.

"New uniform, Washington DC erase you from KorTac completely." König said to me while he crossed his arms to his chest and looked me up and down.

I gave him a short smile- "yeah, better gear and good pay" I told him.

"New phone too?" König asked me.

"What? What are you talking about?" I asked him.

"I sent you thousands of messages, I called you and you never answered." König told me.

Yes I know he tried to contact me, to be more exact I have 120 unopened messages and 50 missed calls from König.

"Maybe it was the signal. But-why did you want to talk to me?" I asked him while trying not to show him too much importance...I want us to stay in the past.

"Why are you doing this?"

"The what? Leaving you behind me?" I said as I gave him a little sassy mood.