45- nothing's new

After Vladimir left my apartment and Roze and I finished dinner. I sat on my bed to read the reports Roze had brought me.

The reports were the written conversations from Star's interrogation. She had cooperated with Task Force and Kortac. She told them everything.

I knew I was screwed...if I don't do Vladimir's job, Maely and Ghost's kids were going to suffer the consequences. I don't want that, they're innocent.

I have to do it. There is no other choice.

| |

Next day:

"Hey! How are you?" Maely asked me as she sat next to me at the meeting table.

"I'm fine, everything okay?" I asked since maely had looked at her phone weird.

"Yeah, it's just that Chase broke his arm while hunting with my brother. Simon taught him how to shoot a rifle and my brother taught him how to hunt. Yesterday then- Nohan took the boys hunting and Chase fell and broke his arm. According to Nohan, he'll get a cast." Maely explained as she sipped at her coffee.

She was very worried about her son...

"You know-when you become a mother you stop worrying about yourself and only worry about your children. Before my only concern was keeping myself alive to complete my missions, but- after I became a mother my biggest concern became keeping my children completely safe." Maely told me.

"I understand even though I don't have children. I understand why you want them to be safe..." I said.

"Exactly, they are my babies. They spend more time with me and I've become their shield. Don't get me wrong though-Simon too. But Simon spends a lot of time away from home because of work...but he gives his life for his children too." Maely said.

"They're really good kids, you can tell by their faces." I said with a chuckle.

"Yes, yes they are. But- Chase came out very hyper." Maely said laughing.

I just laughed again but my head kept thinking about everything I had to do about Star's situation. I was feeling a lot of pressure and a little scared...I really don't want to go back to being part of the enemy...I don't want to be just like my last name.

I want to be different. I want to prove that I am different.

"What about you? Do you plan to have children in the future?" Maely asked bringing me back to reality.

"Maybe...although it won't be near or within 2 years...first I need to free myself from the chains." I told her referring to my past.

"I hear you. It's good to think about that, because the chains are not forever but they are a little teaching and test for maturity." Maely said to me as she continued drinking her coffee.

Then I felt my phone vibrate...as I pulled out my phone and turned on the screen 3 messages from Vladimir appeared.

Vladimir:
Location📍
That's the location of the house.
No loose ends or you know what the consequence is.

Svetlana:
Got it.
Don't touch the kids, I'll do the damn job.

With that I turned off the phone and started to finish my reports while I thought about how I was going to make the plan.

"Everything okay?" Maely asked me.

I looked at her and she was looking at me trying to understand. I can't let her think weird things...I have to stay calm.