51- my last goodbye

Short chap.

Maely's pov:
(Dream/flashback)

"Mommy! Mommy!" I woke up at the sound of Josephine's voice yelling at me. When I opened my eyes I saw Josephine's beautiful brown eyes and beautiful brown hair.

Her smile gave me the warmth of the sun.

"Good morning, princess." I said giving her a kiss on her forehead.

She was wearing a red dress and colorful leggings which didn't suit her at all.

"You dressed yourself?" I asked laughing.

"No, dad did! Can we go out to see the strawberries?" Josephine asked me with a lot of excitement and energy.

Josephine has always been quite independent, she has always liked to choose her clothes as well as the hairstyle she will wear for the day, she does her homework by herself and has always liked to help me with the housework.

Not like Chase, although Chase is only 2 years old. Like Rodrigo, he is only 4 years old. Rodrigo also likes to help me and has always been very affectionate although his face always reminds me of his mother, Mara.

"First we have to have breakfast, Chase is up?" I asked Josephine as I got out of bed to take a quick bath.

"No, Rodrigo is outside with dad." Josephine told me as she followed me into the bathroom.

I looked out the bathroom window and could see Rodrigo along with Simon, Simon was working out while Rodrigo sat drinking a juice while simon watched him.

I took a bath very quickly, it's something that over time when you become a parent you develop. There is never too much time.

I walked to the kitchen to prepare breakfast, it was only 9 am. Josephine started to help me get all the ingredients out of the fridge or our pantry.

I made an omelet with fruit and toast. I started setting up the dining table. "Josey, go get your dad and brother." I said as I went upstairs to get Chase up.

Chase is still attached to my chest, I've been on this roller coaster trying to wean him off of nursing, starting over with real food. But- it all happened one step at a time.

"Good morning, sweet boy." I said very sweetly as I saw he was already awake in his crib. Chase upon seeing me gave me a big smile and quickly raised his arms for me to hold him in my arms.

I took him to the dining room and Rodrigo and Simon were already coming in from the yard. Josephine sat down to eat just like Rodrigo did, Simon stood behind my chair and gave me a kiss on my forehead as he touched Chase's head which was already attached to my chest.

After a while, Simon took Rodrigo back to town, Chase was taking his next nap while Josephine and I were hanging clothes out to dry.

It was getting very windy, but it was a good thing.
The weather felt cool.

"Mom, why do you have so many scars?" Josephine asked me as she kept passing me the clothes.

I had a yellow dress down to my knees which had a split in the back.

"Because...I used to fight with very bad people, Josey," I told her.

"Like Dad's job?" She asked me again.

"Exactly, like dad." I told her.

"And why don't you do that anymore?" She asked me again.

I looked at her for a few seconds giving her a smile...her face was one of confusion...she looked very cute.