Living Beings to Bount Showdown

Bleach – The Heart of the Matter

By Tayla Drago

(Bounts: Part 2)

Tayla: Another one not added, sorry. Also the summoning of Bounts to release their Dolls goes something like this - Zeige Dich (Show Yourself!)

In the air above Soul Society, a portal opens as the Bount flies out in streams of energy and fly across the sky. Meanwhile, in the meeting room in the First Division barracks, Captain-Commander Genryūsai Shigekuni Yamamoto commences the regular captains meeting with the other captains standing before him. Revealing that they have confirmed the presence and intrusion of Ryoka, Yamamoto instructs the captains to have their divisions assume their second-class alert positions.

Following this, Yamamoto tasks 10th Division Captain Tōshirō Hitsugaya with apprehending the Bount in light of the seriousness of the situation, which Hitsugaya acknowledges, and asserts that he must be extremely careful in gathering and sending information to the other divisions since the Shinigami Research and Development Institute has had a problem with information leaking recently before ordering the captains to kill any Ryoka they encounter without hesitating, leaving Hitsugaya to narrow his eyes.

Elsewhere, the denizens of the Rukongai see the Bount flying above them and wonder what they are, only to flee in terror upon seeing that one of the energy streams is approaching them as the energy crashes into the ground, sending several villagers flying and creating a giant sphere of energy that dissipates to reveal Jin Kariya and Gō Koga in the clearing dust. Back in the First Division barracks, Hitsugaya walks through the hallways with his 7th Seat, Kōkichirō Takezoe, and two other subordinates, where he inquiries about whether any of the other divisions have moved out to begin searching for the Ryoka in the Rukongai yet.

After Kōkichirō informs Hitsugaya that 2nd Division Lieutenant Marechiyo Ōmaeda left with some Shinigami from his division, one of the other Shinigami reveals that 7th Division Lieutenant Tetsuzaemon Iba has also departed for the Rukongai. In response, Hitsugaya instructs his subordinates to keep gathering information and reports from all the divisions before ordering them to not let any information leak, which they firmly comply with. Meanwhile, in the Rukongai intersection, Koga looks around at the buildings and comments on how quiet the surrounding area seems to be, only for Kariya to smugly assert that it will be loud soon enough.

Suddenly, Kariya and Koga are confronted by Marechiyo, who eats a rice cracker from a bag and stands before his subordinates while declaring that he will be first to fight the Bount, only for Iba to step in behind Kariya and Koga with his Shikai and contest this as he criticizes the nerve of the Bount to attack the Shinigami in broad daylight. When Koga requests that he leave this to him, Kariya obliges since it would provide a good test for them and steps to the side, leaving Koga to summon his Doll, Dalk. After intimidating the Shinigami with her assembly, Dalk relishes in how delicious the air is and how good it makes her feel.

With Iba describing this as a strange technique typical of the Bount, Marechiyo accuses Koga of being a coward who cannot fight with his own power, but a smirking Koga simply snaps his fingers, causing the Reishi comprising a nearby roof and bell tower to begin breaking off from the structures and flowing into his body, causing him to glow with a blue aura. While Marechiyo and his subordinates stare in astonishment at this and Iba demands to know what he is, Koga rebuffs their assumption that he is some kind of monster and claims to merely be a better-than-average Human, leading an angered Marechiyo to have his men rush forward and attack Koga.

At Koga's command to crush them, Dalk glows with the same blue aura and proclaims that she is feeling great as well before detaching and throwing her upper left arm, which reverts to its previous state of dozens of small metal spheres that the Shinigami are forced to defend themselves from with their Zanpakutō. While firing more spheres at Iba, who struggles to defend himself with his Shikai, with her lower body, Dalk opens fire on the Shinigami with the stump of her upper left arm, resulting in the Shinigami falling over incapacitated after several of the spheres slam into their bodies as Marechiyo watches in disbelief and astonishment.