Rukia Kuchiki and Renji Abarai

Bleach – The Heart of the Matter

By Tayla Drago

From the World of the Living and the Soul Society to be doing well by getting lots of reports back from both Rukia and Renji to tell the other Soul Reapers about everything - the news about Dracula's attack lately. Getting crazier little by little 'with Yoruichi going back and forth to do the same thing in person'. While some of the Hollows were being stopped, and saving the Wholes to performing the Konso; Renji and Rukia were getting back in doing just that and training from after their other job was done - school thing to then leave the area as Soul Reapers 'for hiding their Gigais somewhere safe'. Not bad for those two to be working as a team to get things done for Renji has been having feelings for Rukia to love her since they were kids and he still cares about her, but does she know about it? Oh, boy...We already know those two are a very cute couple with Renji and Rukia just using Flash Steps to get back to where they were living in to stay in the World of the Living. So it was all in a day's work, so where were Ichigo, Sonia, Alucard, and the others? Just those two for today...?

"That was an easy Hollow hunt today and saving a couple of Wholes, huh Renji?" Rukia asks him. "Not to mention more background check to this Dracula person. I think we need something from one of his monsters to learn about our new enemy, with any luck."

"Oh, really...?" Renji's face turns red when look at Rukia. "(Wow, I forgot how cute she is up close.)"

Oh...Super cute. And then Rukia yells in Renji's ear to come back to reality.

"Renji!"

"Ouch!" Rukia's yelling has gotten his attention. "What!? I'm right here!"

"Are you sure you're feeling all right? Also, did you hear what I just said?"

Renji was in love, and can be clueless 'sometimes' but he wasn't deaf.

"Yeah, of course I did." he said. "Something about getting one of Dracula's monsters to research on our enemy while aiding Sonia."

Rukia says the rest to add in Renji's sentence.

"And Alucard since he's a half breed to stop his own father for revenge from killing his human mother as well, don't forget."

"I knew that already!"

Yeah, right...But for Rukia to see that Renji sometimes forget to remind him all the time, like I said 'clueless', yes. An idiot to have trouble hearing...Doubt it, much.

"(Sure you did...)" Rukia kept to herself. "Look, let just get back for me to go to Ichigo's place and you at Urahara's-!"

Soon enough, Rukia felt something out from above them for something was flying the skies to sense out strong Spiritual Pressure. It could be trouble. As she gets moving for Renji 'finally' feels it out as well once he sees her taking off.

"Rukia?" Renji was lost right now. "Where are you going-?" he sees what was up. "(What are those things? They look too weird to be normal looking bird!)"

It would seem like they were no ordinary looking birds at all to almost look human, they were demons! Working for Dracula to be swarms of them flying around to be after something from the skies to go after it form the small ones are like normal birds, with the other two that were very different. Looks like Rukia and Renji weren't the only ones in the area...

"Renji! Those things must be demons working for Dracula! I also feel both Sonia and Alucard are both be nearby!" she uses her Flash Step to get going. "Come on!"

He uses Flash Step too for him to join with Rukia from behind to get a move on.

"Hey! Wait up!"

Into the woods for the two Soul Reapers to find Sonia Alucard for they were getting chased by an army of bird-like creatures to be working for Dracula; as those two were doing something today to be stopped by their enemy's and their armies to try to stop them for they were known as Harpies. Beautiful to look at, but deadly to be mess with an army of those things 'from Castlevania Legends on the Nintendo 64 version', as the others were a Hawk type of demon as the male type and commander of the group. With their leader was a female captain as Maiden Harpy – with a blue appearance of beauty 'like from the video game Castlevania: Curse of Darkness', to be very violet to get the job done by killing, more like those birds were like bad bounty hunters to still work for Dracula but only to get the money. Of course Dracula has hired them to stop the two.