Byakuya Kuchiki

Bleach – The Heart of the Matter

By Tayla Drago

Tayla: This is a tale about the good and the bad to talk about today...

The Good – Byakuya Kuchiki, Captain of Squad Six and the Head Kuchiki Clan member: Byakuya was born into the Kuchiki Clan, and grew up in the Kuchiki Mansion in Seireitei. He would spend countless hours training, preparing to take over the leadership of the Kuchiki family. Yoruichi Shihōin would often visit the Kuchiki Manor to play a game of tag with Byakuya. On one such occasion, approximately 110 years ago, she is presented to a training Byakuya by his grandfather, Ginrei Kuchiki. Upon seeing Yoruichi, he attacked and insulted her. Yoruichi playfully teased him, complaining about his greeting after coming all the way there to see him. Byakuya, expressing his displeasure at seeing her, stated he would be the head of the Kuchiki Clan soon enough, so he had no time to waste on her. Yoruichi, stealing his hair tie, exclaimed that if the head of the Kuchiki Clan could get his hair tie stolen by a girl at play, she is worried about its future. She used Shunpo to escape from him, leaving an angry Byakuya, claiming his superiority, promising to make her see the error of her ways. Fifty-five years ago, Byakuya married Hisana Kuchiki, a commoner from Rukongai, breaking the rules by accepting her into the noble Kuchiki Clan. Five years after the marriage, she became sick and was near death. Hisana asked Byakuya to find and adopt her biological sister, Rukia, whom she had abandoned as a baby, as her final wish. She made him promise he would not tell Rukia she is her sister. One year later, Byakuya, finding Rukia at the Shin'ō Academy, immediately adopted her into the Kuchiki Clan. By adopting her, Byakuya respected his late wife's final wish, but had broken the rules of his clan again. He later swore upon his parents' graves he would never break the rules again, no matter what. Less than 49 years ago, not long before Rukia joined the Gotei 13, Byakuya became the captain of the 6th Division. Gin Ichimaru, becoming captain of the 3rd Division at the same time, would often start conversations with Byakuya when they crossed paths.

&...

The Bad – Succubus, the female-like demon to lure men of them appears of beauty to become deadly: A succubus or incubus is a demon from European folklore during the medieval ages, which takes the form of an attractive woman or man to seduce the opposite sex. They draw energy from men or women to sustain themselves, often until the point of exhaustion or death of the victim. The word succubus is derived from the Latin succubare, meaning 'to lie beneath'. The male-form succubus, or incubus, draws its name from the Latin incubare, meaning 'to lie upon'. Although the terms succubus and incubus have their roots in Latin, entities with the same characteristics have appeared in the Sumerian king list from 2400 B.C., where the father of the hero Gilgamesh is identified as a Lilu, said to be a demon who disturbs and seduces women in their sleep, one of four types of demons to which 'the dark maid Lilith' gave birth to. Succubi and incubi are often said to appear to men or women in their dreams, though other versions of an encounter state that it sits on the chests of their victims while they sleep. The feeling of pressure on the chest, as well as other sensations, such as hearing voices or hallucinates, has causes the Succubus and Incubus myth to be linked to sleep paralysis.

Powers and abilities -

Succubi or Incubi take on the appearance of very attractive men or women. They possess the ability to create illusions — ranging from taking the appearance of loved ones to creating illusory dream worlds or sensations — to soothe their victims, lulling them into a false sense of security. The powers of a Succubus or Incubus reside in its claws. When these claws are damaged or destroyed, it is rendered powerless.

Tayla: And that's who both Byakuya and Succubus are. Why did I bring the two up you may ask? Well...besides Byakuya Kuchiki himself to sense out danger for Ayame to notice 'since she was working there', for the she-devil Succubus herself has put Alucard in a deep sleep from her powers to kill him; for she was about to do the same thing to Sonia Yamamoto/Belmont next. As Kiwi was fearing out the worse from her dark powers, both Momo and Hitsugaya had to protect their friend and fast. Either get killed, Dracula trying to take her away, or almost becoming a vampire, they must do by the orders of Sonia's uncle Yamamoto himself. Hurry!