Carrie Fernandez

Bleach – The Heart of the Matter

By Tayla Drago

I guess we'll be taking a little break from the Soul Society for a bit, as Sonia continues with her training, fighting off from the curse, taking care of the egg, hanging out with her friends, her uncle Yamamoto, and her lover Ukitake. So far, the egg was warming up very well...As we as seeing how Ichigo and the others were doing back in the World of the Living. For training hard, every day until the battle to soon start: Ichigo, Rukia, Renji, Orihime 'with her Six Six Princess friends', Chad, Uryu, Hayame 'for them to be in love', Kon, Ririn, Kurodo, Noba, Urahara, Yoruichi, Tessai, Jinta, Ururu, George, Furio, Maria, and Howey. They were all doing well with some of their Belmont powers, weapons, and other to upgrade as the Mayor aids them with the other villagers. And a lot more thanks to Master Keigo Shu's training to be pay off for the others to give it their all.

So far, so good if I do say so myself about them to see Sonia real soon. As well as stop Dracula, the curse to finally come to an end, the other monsters, save Richard, and stopping Alucard. Little at a time...Besides stopping Dracula's other demons, there were some good ones likes wondering ghosts for some to be around the Belmont Village, for one strange girl with strange powers protects one little boy from a Hollow to stop it with...her beam-like blast from her hands? Who was she? She goes by, Carrie Fernandez who was a fighter to stop Dracula, but who are the Fernandez you may ask?

Carrie Fernandez, a descendant of the powerful witch Sypha Belnades, was born in 1840 into a family of Spanish immigrants who were traveling through Eastern Europe. The patriarch of the Fernandez clan fell under the influence of Dracula. They were slowly wiped out through him or by the people who feared them. Many were executed for showing talents of witchcraft (including Carrie's parents). That memory stayed with her and led her to grow bitter toward adults and God. Though she became an orphan, she was adopted by a kind adoptive mother. Her strange talents came to her foster mother's attention and a search through records uncovered her link to the Fernandez family. As Dracula's baleful influence once again permeated Europe, the people of Wallachia grew uneasy and fearful. Dracula's minions had begun to send waves of forces into nearby villages. When they came to Carrie's village, the girl's adoptive mother selflessly protected her and was killed in the process. Carrie's anguish upon witnessing her mother's death awakened her latent magic powers, allowing her to destroy the creatures and evade capture. Embittered and disillusioned by the wanton murder of her foster mother, as well as the murder of her original parents, Carrie turned her back completely on God and adults. Two years later, after hearing rumors about Dracula was back, Carrie intrepidly traveled to Dracula's stronghold. During her travel, there were two holy knights from back then traveling too that she meets up with, Henry Oldrey and Reinhardt Schneider (look up on these two if you want to learn more), and she joined them in their quest to stop Dracula, having resolved to use her magic powers to vanquish him and his minions, and thus destroy his evil. Carrie began her quest vowing that to this present day many centuries later...

"Whatever awaits, I have no regrets!"

Brave girl...so how is Carrie still alive in today's day? Hmm...a look alike ancestor or something? For the children to come out of hiding for the boy to introduce to a new hero around the village and a friend for them to play with. She was both strong and sweet that's for sure. For this girl was being watched by three enemies seeing their target, bet they work for Dracula, they were three women and one giant monster.

"(At long last, I've found you to be useful for Lord Dracula...)" the strange woman turns to her two other helpers. "You, use those new powers of yours wisely under my orders to have that girl by any means." she talks to the monster next. "And you, kill anyone who stands in our way. Gather their blood and souls afterwards. We shall attack tomorrow when the children are playing with the young Fernandez. So be ready."