Broken

I took off the Security Mask. He was quite strange and honestly, I just want to go home. Even if he says he has a conscience, I just don't think of him as merely anything but security for that mimic thing.
I continued trying to find my way out of here. I was back into the kitchen now. It was more nastier than it was earlier.

"Who's there!?" I turned around quickly, picking up a random paper cup that was laying around.

"Who wants candy?"
.
.
.
——————

"Who...?" The word slowly rolled off my tongue as I took my time to turn around face whoever was there.

"Chi... Chica...? Hi.... I miss you!..." I sounded so obviously scared at this point.

"You're not... Gregory..." She huffed, her body was so... broken.

"What... what.. I.."

Chica looked at me the best she could.

"You're... you're Y/n right?..." Chica's voice distorted a bit.

"You remember me?" My tone softens. I began to feel more safer.

"Of course, how could I forget? When you fell down and I helped you up?"

"Right... you remember." I smiled to her, yet, she couldn't do anything.

"I'm sorry... how did you get like this?" I walked to Chica, holding her hand.

"A kid... a kid named Gregory. I was only trying to help... I just tried to help him get back to his parents... just like I was instructed."

"He caused all of this?"

"He's ruined everything..."

"Chica... you can't lose hope now.."

"I've failed Y/n, I had failed what I tried to fix..."

"Chica..." I held onto her hand tighter. "You've done so much. You tried your very best. We love you for that, Chica. Thank you."

"No, t-thank you- I-I-I'll misS y..you..." Chica went limp, forcing me to catch her.

"Nnh... so heavy..." I gently sat her down on the pile of trash.

"I'm sorry Chica... I..." I couldn't speak. I experienced the death of one of my friends.

"Feeling down?"

I heard MXES's voice again. It was coming from the mask. I totally forgot about it.
I put it on and look around, immediately looking at Chica. In this world, she was fixed and brand new. She wasn't destroyed or dirty, only sleeping peacefully.

"Come on, answer me."

"S.. yeah. I am..."

"That's not good." MXES appeared in front of me, smiling. Though his teeth weren't really showing, his structure showed it.

"Stating the obvious, aren't you?" I crossed my arms, looking at him.

"Going to cry?"

"Don't change the subject."

"Your eyes are glossy."

"Come on..." I couldn't help it, my voice started to rasp.

"You love her, you miss her, don't you?"

I couldn't hold it in anymore. I walked away from him, crying.

"Oh come on... face me, silly. I can help you out."

"I don't want you to help me out."

"Well, too bad! I'm here now and you can't get rid of me so easily."

I turned towards him.

"How did you know my eyes were wet?"

His pupils shrinked.

"I have my ways..." His big wide smile returned.

"Get your ways away from me."

"I will once you free me."

I sighed. I've forgotten about that already.

"Right. I get it. I free you, and you leave me alone." I looked down at Chica, my heart dropping.

"Exactly. Now get rollin'."

"I am..."

I waved bye to Chica's lifeless body. If only I had some power to charge her with...

...then maybe, I could bring her along to help me out of here.
.
.
.
——————