Finding Gregory

I threw the trash to the side and sighed.

"Can't ever get some damn rest!"
.
.
.
——————

I swung my bag onto my shoulders and tightened the strap, just in case.

"Okay, uhm— I'll follow behind you! You lead the way."

"Scared~?" MXES grinned his smile wider.

"Yeah..." I nervously giggled, embarrassed.

No, I shouldn't be. It's only for my protection right?

"I think I should be behind you," MXES's head tilted. "After all, something could... snatch you."

His voice sounded so... calm and easy to trust. How did he know to do this? I have no clue— but it worked on me like a lucky valentine charm.

"Aha.. ya got me there."

I walked over to the other side of the room, spotting a Helpy cardboard cutout.

"I wonder why he's everywhere."

"He's pretty popular with the workers and all."

"No shit." I thought about the times with Helpi— before he left me of course.

I wonder what he's up to now. Is he okay?
I looked over to the right of the cutout and saw... Freddy? He looks weird. Maybe it's foreshadowing? Huh.

"Hey Y/n, look." MXES tapped my shoulder, nodding his head over to the left.

"What is it?"

I looked at what MXES showed me and it was an arrow and a ladder.

"Guess we can check it out." I huffed as I held onto the ladder, climbing up.

I got to the top and looked down and MXES was gone.

"Oh."

"I'm right here, love."

"Right." I slowly turned around, MXES's face shoved right into mine.

I could practically feel his snout on my lips before I jumped back, scared.

"You didn't have to do that!"

"Sorry~." He fully stood up.

His ears were perked up and he seemed happier than ever.

"What's up with you?"

"I have no clue but I love this feeling~!"

"Uh, okay then." I rolled my eyes in confusion and walked away, stumbling upon one of those... what's it called again?

It's something I saw earlier.

"Hey rabbit dude, what am I looking at here?"

He swooshed right over to me and looked at it.

"It's a conduit."

"Oh right. Those things. Faz-Wrench, right?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Thanks dude."

I took out the Faz-Wrench and shoved it into the two holes on the conduit. I slowly charged up each little line thing, I don't know— and took the wrench out.

"Nothing happened."

"I think you're missing a few."

"PARDON?! I'm not going all the way back!"

"No, I mean down from here, off this platform."

"Ugh! I want rest. But whatever gets me out of here to find Gregory." I climbed down the ladder again and found another conduit.

Was I this ignorant to not do this one? Yikes. My mistake.
After I completed all of them, I heard something loud, like something starting up.
I rushed over to see what it was and saw that it was some conveyor belt. Which... I'm guessing was for pizza? I don't know maybe take-home or order online type thing.

"Hey ball-choco , come look."

"Ball-choco?"

"You don't know?"

It took a moment for him, but it clicked.

"You're a mistake. Don't ever say that again."

"Heyyyy... I was just joking!"

MXES gave me a stare of anger and disappointment. It's like he lost all respect to me for that.

"Ugh, guess I should keep things to myself."

After all, what you say can ruin the story with you and that person. We wouldn't want that now, wouldn't we?
There was suddenly a sloshing sound coming from the belt.

"What is that...?" I mumbled, seeing some bulky things come towards us.

MXES's eyes went wide as he could see what it was.

"Nothing you'd like..."

There it was, Gregory's lifeless body. However, it wasn't how I'd expect it to look. It was mangled— filled and entangled with wires throughout his body. His face was unrecognizable, as it something tried to wear his skin.
He seemed swelled and had bruises in some places. Some of his head was ripped of the hair. Maybe something tried to grab his head while running? Holy hell. I don't want to imagine that. His bones stuck out and his limbs were twisted in inhumane shapes. They were stretched and bent out, covered in marks. And how did I recognize him? Pieces of his clothing were still on him, some of it being dipped into cuts.
MXES and I watched his body as it slowly passed by, leaving through the other side.
I couldn't say anything, we were both shocked at the discovery.
I've seen some things in here, but I've never seen that. How the hell could that had happened to Gregory? What the hell happened?!
MXES slowly looked at it, his smile faded.
I looked at him, my eyes widened and burning.

What are we going to do now?
.
.
.
——————