He's Gone

"Just M-mE anD YOU!"

I turned around only to see that it was here.

"What... what are you?"

"I'm EclipSE..."
.
.
.
——————

Backing away, I tripped over a wire, hitting my head. I groaned and looked up at the thing in front of me. It's left hand was missing and it was growling.

"H-H-Hey nEw FRIEND!" It's red eyes glowed more than ever. Almost like it finally was able to trap me.

"I'm not your friend..."

"D-dOn't be scared!"

It slowly took steps, seemingly careful for each move.

"Stay back..!"

"OnlY t-T-trying tO HELP!"

In a quick flash, the thing was taken down. I rubbed my eyes, not believing what I saw. The real Eclipse was fighting against it, tearing it's left arm off. It layed still and it's red eyes had been torn out and thrown over to the side.
Eclipse then looked back at me.

"Friend!"

"ECLIPSE?! Where were you?!"

"Don't worry! We need to get you to safety!"

He rushed over to me and picked my up carefully, hopping down to the front door.

"Here, I found some snacks for you while I was gone and I didn't know you were in trouble!"

He gave me a bag of food and smiled.

"Thank you! I really, really appreciate it!" I took the bag from him and as I was about to hug him—

"Friend!"

He fell onto his sun rays, one of them snapping off.

"Eclipse!-"

"HELP ME!"

He was dragged away and the door slammed shut in front of my face.
I banged on it, begging for it to be opened.

"Eclipse..."

I looked down at the piece of his sun ray and picked it up, holding it close to me.
I slowly fell to my knees as tears began to fall, dripping from out of the mask. Why must it be him? He was so sweet... he didn't deserve to die like that in his last moments. But at least he was happy to help a kid out, right?

"Y/n..?"

"I..."

"I understan..."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU HELP HIM?!" I snapped back at him.

He just stared at me, not saying anything.

"WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU CAN STAND AROUND AND WATCH? I COULD'VE GOTTEN KILLED AND NOW-NOW HE'S DEAD!" My hands gripped onto the sun ray.