Separation

"Gregory..."

"Yeah..?"

"I need you to run... the fastest you've ever ran."

He shivered as a growl came from the dark, red pupils approaching us.
.
.
.
——————

"What about you?" Gregory asked, staring over at the red eyes.

"Don't worry... I'll-"

"NO! You're coming with me!"

He grabbed my ran and began to run. At this point I didn't even know where we were! We were just going wherever deemed safe— I think!

"Where are we, Greg?!"

"I DON'T KNOW."

I could hear him huffing and puffing as kept running, the growling getting further and further.

"Wait-!"

Gregory slowed down, letting go of my hand.

"What is it now?"

"I think," I looked the way we ran from. "I think we're safe."

Gregory looked too and then back at me.

"Sure. I'll totally believe that. Now come on!" He tried to hold onto my hand again.

I yanked it back.

"No seriously! Listen Greg, I'm not wasting my energy on running anymore. I don't have all the water and food in the world."

Gregory caught his breath and sat down against the wall.

"I guess you're right. Nice to know you think logically for once."

"Pfft, of course I do." I ignored his remarks and just jokes with it instead.

He was sitting down against the wall and brought his knees up, resting his head on his arms.

"Do you think Freddy will be back? Maybe some kind of miracle?" Gregory didn't look at me.

I looked away, seeing something disappear in the distance. My heart beat quick, but I didn't want to scare the resting boy in front of me.

"Y-yeah, I think so too. I'm sure he's out there."

I could hear him sigh. I'm not sure if he was relieved or even more stressed.

"Just... deal with it Gregory, okay?"

"HOW am I supposed to just deal with it, huh?!" He finally looked up at me, tears puddling in his eyes.

"I... it happens okay? It's normal. It's part of life."

He stood up, rubbing the dust off his ass. He looked at me with his now red eyes.

"You listen here you shit!" He walked up to me, forcing me to back up. "I don't have a life! I've been an orphan my whole life. NEVER had a mom or dad! Not even a fucking cousin. Nobody was ever there for me while I slept outside in fucking cardboard boxes. Do you know how cold it was on some nights? Sitting out in the rain, in a moldy box, shivering and freezing and crying for someone to help me?!"

He was practically yelling at me at this point. I didn't know he went through all this. I didn't... don't born yourself. It's not like he told you about it or anything.

"I'm... Gregory. I'm sorry."

"You're NOT sorry! You- UGH!"

To be honest, I had enough of this. I didn't like the way he yelled at me.

"You know what!" I spoke up. "Fuck you! Take your homeless, fatherless ass back out where you belong you fucking trash rodent!"

Gregory's eyes widened in shock.

"You can't say that! What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Yeah, yeah! Take that! I don't give a shit what you've been through if you're gonna scream at me like that!"

"You're a terrible person." Gregory huffed, walking away.

"That's right. Fuck off." I watched him leave, his hands in his pockets.

"Fucking idiot... ugh."

I turned around.

"AH!"

I was met with the rabbit again, MXES.

"Hey dude... uhm. How are you...?"

I could sense the disappointment in his face. Something was wrong.

"Sit down."

"Yeah, sure, anything for you. Of course." My voice was shaky.

He leaned down to me and grabbed my chin, forcing eye contact.

"Do you have any clue what you've just done? Any?"

I gulped, trying to swallow away my anxiety. What if MXES hates me? He saw what I did... right?

"Uhm... y..yeah. I did. I told him to... go away."

"No you didn't," He leaned closer, his snout against my nose. "You've done so much worse... and you know it."

He backed away, that smile remaining. Yet, he wasn't happy. The way he spoke was that of an angry, stern father. It felt like when I was younger and when my father would tell me to come downstairs and have a 'talk'. Scary times.

"Admit it. You really are a terrible person"

I stayed quiet, tears starting to show.

"Don't cry now. I know you don't feel guilty." He grabbed my hands and cupped it into his.

"I guess... I..."

"Shh, you aren't sad about it. Don't act like you are." MXES wiped the tears off my face.

"Okay..." I took a deep breath. "You... you won't leave me right?"

"Of course not. I just think you need a little lesson..."

"What do you mean?"

"Come closer to me... and you'll see."
.
.
.
——————