Suspicion

"It's where me and a certain girl had our real first interaction... or some type of tension."

"Who...?" I looked over at the rabbit.

"Cassie."
.
.
.
——————

"Oh her."

I kind of didn't care. I just want to get to Gregory and free this rabbit dude. It's getting on my nerves at this point because people I don't care about keep getting brought up.

"I remember seeing her looking down at me."

"Anything else?"

"I kicked her off the V.A.N.N.I network." He had a smug look, almost proud of himself.

I just gave him a disappointed look.

"Why? Did she even do anything?"

"She was unknowingly trying to free the Mimic, make sure you remember that."

"Right... and now I got to go down there to save your glitchy ass."

He nodded yes with his head.

"Indeed, thank you~."

"You better. In fact, host me a damn party after all of this mess. I want to feel like royalty."

"You got it." He winked... at me.

Not going to lie, I was getting used to his little antics. The way he moves and acts around me. I started to feel something for it.
I just smiled and rolled my eyes off, ignoring it.
I walked away over to some cupcakes that were covering this lane and peeked through.

"Wow... this place is huge."

"You can say that again." MXES popped out of nowhere, staring off at the moving belt.

"Y/n, it's Gregory."

I quickly looked over and stood only my tippy toes, getting an even more better view.
I saw Gregory's body move away someplace on the machine. And as I heard the thump hit his body on the ground, I physically cringed. I can't do this today.

"You alright?"

"No... I just-"

"Y/N!" MXES shouted as I was pushed off the obstacle, falling to the ground.

"AHH!" I screamed as I hit the ground, bending my pinky in the process.

I was shedding tears as the pain all came to me within a second. My back... my ass, my pinky finger!
And to make it worse, MXES popped into my view, jump scaring me and making my heart pound faster.

"Y/n! Are you alright?!" He looked down at me holding my hand and grabbed it gently.

He saw the broken finger and gently nudged it, causing me to wince more in pain.

"I'm so sorry, love. Do you have anything I can use to help bandage this up?"

"N...no..." I sobbed more, unable to take the pain.

MXES stayed quiet for a moment. He was thinking of all the ways to help me. Yet, he couldn't.

"I'm sorry... I truly am, but... you'll just have to hold on until we get to an emergency station."

"I can't take it!" My eyes were soaked at this point.

"I understand..." He gave me that glare of "well shit what am I going to do now?".

I felt my body be lifted as he held me in his arms. Honestly, I didn't even know something like this— like him, could pick me up.
He rubbed my forehead and calmed me down, the pain going away magically. It went away so quick I wonder if this man rabbit thing had some sort of healing effect. I'm not sure, but I guess it does make sense with this mask. It's kind of like an escape from reality— just— actually doing stuff in reality, just with a mask on.
I have no idea what I mean by that but I think I mean that reality is different here and there's all sorts of glitches and passes in this world.
I don't know what I'm saying right now but don't be confused alright? I know you're thinking "what the hell?", but just don't worry about it. Some things are best left forgotten.

"I'll take you to Gregory..."

"Please, we need to do something with him."

"You're right. What are we going to do?"

"I'm not sure," I thought it out for a moment, thinking of things we could do, yet none of them fit the same page. "I can't think of anything."

"You know that bag you got?" MXES quickly stated.

"Yeah? What about it?"

"What if... since we can't carry his body..."

"What are you fucking saying...?" Is he saying what I think he's going to say?

"What if we carry his body in your backpack?"

"Are you out of your god damn mind? What the hell?"

"I mean, unless you want to leave him here and find an alternate way."

"I..." Am I really gonna fucking do this?

"Question... how are you so desensitized to this?"

MXES looked like he was going to sweat, like he had some darker secret he had layed deep inside his rabbit brain.

"Why do... you need to know?" He spoke slowly... that accent coming back to him.

"You sound awfully strange right now... just is stuffing a body in a bag? How could you just... think of that?"

MXES eyes glanced a purple color for a slight second, as well as it having a slight hint of red in it.

"You shouldn't worry..."

"Why?" I demanded, trying to get it out of him.

"Because I... I..."
.
.
.
——————