Chapter 6

Chi Ying was silent.

Lu Yunfei wanted to say something, but Gu Chi stopped him lightly. The rest of the team members also took a deep breath.

"Give them something, and we have to continue on our way. It won't take too long."

On the contrary, the old man was a little embarrassed and said: "Let's stay and have something to eat. It's not convenient for you to travel, but we can still guarantee the basic electricity here, so we can cook you a hot meal."

Just as Gu Chi was about to refuse, the old man had already ordered the people inside to prepare food. He had no choice but to swallow the words of refusal silently.

He tilted his head and looked at Mu Yu.

"Mu Yu, give them the supplies."

Mu Yu kept a cold face, but still obeyed his order, and took out the water and food from the supermarket last night from the space.

"Is there any progress in the research institute?" Gu Chi asked.

The old man sighed, "Not yet. The cause of the zombie virus has not been found, and it is difficult to make a specific medicine at present. The only thing that has made some progress now is the research on the zombie crystal nucleus."

"What happened to the crystal nucleus?"

"Well, from the outbreak of the zombie virus to the present, the initial zombie samples we collected, compared with the current ones, can store at least 30% less energy!"

Gu Chi frowned, "Is it even 30%... My team members and I, our abilities are also constantly increasing, so we don't feel the changes in the zombies' strength."

Boom.

As he said this, the round metal door opened again. The ones who came in this time were a few people carrying the bodies of zombies, all wearing protective clothing.

The old man introduced: "They are usually responsible for taking samples outside. The dead zombies at the door are the best subjects for our experiments. Occasionally, when we are lucky, we can pick up a few who still have vital signs."

This seemed to be commonplace to Gu Chi and the others, and after a glance, they calmly looked away.

No one noticed that among the people carrying the zombie's body, one of them had a slightly stiff gait, and his movements were a little stuck.

"Alas... Now we kill the same number of zombies, and the energy consumed is almost twice as much as usual!" The old man sighed.

Gu Chi narrowed his eyes and said seriously, "It's not just us, they are also evolving."

"Yeah, I just don't know how far they can evolve."

"Where's the Ability Research Institute? How's their progress?"

The old man shook his head, "The same, there is no way. But I heard that they already have other methods, which are currently in the experimental stage."

Chi Ying silently digested the information she heard.

The system said before that there are two research institutes in total, and Gu Chi's is the Virus Research Institute, so what they are talking about now is the Ability Research Institute where Ye Wuhan is.

"Why tell them so much? These people have never studied virology, how could they understand?"

"Xiao Ren! Shut up!" The old man's face turned red with anger.

Chi Ying listened from behind, thinking that the person who spoke was called a "little man"? It was a bit outrageous, and I couldn't help but glanced at it.