Chapter 48

After exchanging the healing medicine and bandages from the mall and handing them over to Gu Chi, Chi Ying took a few steps back and sat in the corner opposite him, trying to look calm.

Gu Chi took the medicine himself, looked at her and reminded, "You have to be careful..."

"exist!"

Gu Chi: "..."

Realizing that her reaction was a little big, Chi Ying swallowed her saliva, "Small, what are you careful about?"

"They may take you to that place—the laboratory for extracting supernatural energy. It should not be later than today at the latest."

"But why? Does the extraction of different energy have anything to do with mutating into a leader?"

"Well, there's a high probability, otherwise they wouldn't use those instruments at the risk of being discovered. Those machines are very loud." When Gu Chi raised his head, he touched the wound on his neck, and he raised his hand to touch it lightly.

Chi Ying still had no idea about the machine he was talking about that could extract abilities.

"I should be able to break free of them. If it's to destroy the device."

Gu Chi shook his head.

"It's difficult, they are very cautious. I observed it last night. Its shell material is very unusual. Even if it explodes in a large area, it is estimated that it will hardly be damaged."

"Unless it's broken from the inside, it's pretty much impossible."

"Is that so..." Chi Ying felt a little regretful.

"However... how to destroy it from the inside?"

"Operation error, or the internal system is damaged due to some failure."

Chi Ying nodded.

"Then who made these people, do you have any idea?"

Gu Chi was silent for a moment, and then said after a long time: "There was an old professor named Ren Li in the Institute of Human Abilities at the headquarters. If Professor Yu is the most authoritative in the Institute of Zombies...then, this Professor Ren is the one with human abilities. An old man with his status in the institute."

"It used to be," he added.

"Not now?"

Gu Chi narrowed his eyes.

"Half a year ago, that Professor Ren left the Human Alliance angrily because a certain research proposal was rejected by the headquarters. I also know something about that matter."

"He proposed that if the ability level of the supernatural person is to be greatly improved, it is necessary to use the supernatural person as an experimental sample for research..."

"Experimental samples, mean?"

"Using human experiments, and using the superhumans who entered the information at the headquarters."

Chi Ying was stunned.

"Although the final proposal was rejected, he still did not give up his idea, and secretly sent people to capture many supernatural beings outside the alliance. Later, he submitted the results of his experiments to the headquarters, and the contents inside were extremely shocking."

Gu Chi took a breath, and said in a deep voice: "In the theory he put forward, it is mentioned that by extracting the supernatural powers of the supernatural beings as nourishment, supplying supernatural beings with higher supernatural talents can quickly improve the supernatural powers of the people being supplied. ability level."