Chapter 17

"What's wrong?" Seeing that she hadn't recovered for a long time, Gu Chi asked.

"Oh..." Chi Ying shook her head, "It's nothing. Where are we going later? The highest place in front?"

She looked through the glass in front of the car, and the huge hemispherical building in the distance was clearly in front of her eyes, but she didn't feel that she was approaching it after driving for a long time.

"Yes." Lu Yunfei replied.

After entering the headquarters, he was visibly relaxed, holding the steering wheel with one hand, not at all as cautious as usual.

He leaned on the back of the car seat, and said in a comfortable tone: "The ball-like place you saw is the base where we usually come back to live."

"Don't look at it now that it seems to be quite close to it. In fact, there is still a long way to go. The base is much larger than you imagined. All around the base are high-end greenhouses planted with various rare plants."

He remembered something and said excitedly: "Hey, you haven't seen the place where the captain lives, have you?"

Chi Ying shook her head.

Not to mention missing places, since she came here, few people have seen her.

She turned her head to look at Gu Chi, not understanding why Lu Yunfei mentioned his address.

Lu Yunfei exaggerated: "Good guy, that's so high-tech! There is a greenhouse next to the captain's house that grows all kinds of rare and exotic plants. I saw it once before I was kicked out by him. It can only be described as spectacular."

The corners of Gu Chi's lips curled down a little, as if he didn't agree. He explained to Chi Ying: "Don't listen to his nonsense. The place was allocated by the headquarters. I was just awarded as a senior commander at that time, so it was considered a privilege at first."

"At the beginning? Isn't it now?"

"Well. Later, because of Professor Yu's research project, and the most advanced equipment in the greenhouse, which just met his needs, I lent him that place to grow some herbs."

"Oh~"

"However, there are actually some things that I grew myself... I have grown a little bit of all kinds of fruits and vegetables that are hard to see in the last days."

Chi Ying raised her eyes and said "Oh" again.

Is this... showing off?

It took a long time to hear Gu Chi speak again, just when Chi Ying thought the topic was over, he looked out of the car window as if nothing had happened, and suddenly made a sound.

"I remember, there just happened to be a little lemon growing in it."

"... Oh." Chi Ying stared at him in a daze.

What's the meaning? Do you want her to taste it?

"Huh? Captain, what kind of lemon..." Lu Yunfei turned into a curious baby, and turned his head to look at him.

"…nothing."

"Ha! Captain, why do you hide anything from me! I also want lemons, so make some lemonade. After the end of the world, my vitamins are seriously deficient!"

Gu Chi rolled his eyelids and said coldly, "You heard wrong, there are no lemons."

"Tsk, Captain, you are so narrow-minded...why didn't I find you so stingy before?"

Hearing what they were saying, Chi Ying suddenly felt a little awkward.

She cautiously glanced at Gu Chi who was sullen, and the strange emotion became stronger.