Chapter 21

Sitting on the sofa chair, Chi Ying twisted her fingers tightly.

Gu Chi asked her a question just now, but she was too shocked by the impact, so she couldn't say a word.

So the place of interrogation changed from the greenhouse to Gu Chi's room.

She was fidgeting, but Gu Chi was not in a hurry, and even thought about making lemonade.

He sliced two lemons, took an empty glass, threw all the lemon slices straight into it, and added water.

The glass is not big, and it is full of lemon slices. I don't know whether I am soaking lemons in water or soaking lemons in water.

He handed over the glass.

"thanks."

Chi Ying took it, thanked him very consciously, and then took a big sip from the cup.

"!"

Her teeth are going to be sore!

"Is it good?" Gu Chi asked ruthlessly.

"…Good drink."

He twitched the corner of his lower lip, and said lightly, "Another cup?"

Chi Ying immediately put down the glass and shook her head quickly: "It's so sour."

Only then did Gu Chi stop.

He sat down opposite Chi Ying, raised his eyebrows coldly, "Wind ability?"

"…Yeah."

"In the supermarket where I saw you for the first time, there were two zombies with obvious wounds." He raised his eyes, "I thought it was some supernatural being who came here, but it turned out to be you."

Chi Ying felt guilty: "...um."

"It's quite honest." Gu Chi paused, "The wind ability can be controlled to this extent, your strength should be higher than mine."

Chi Ying nodded, and said unceremoniously, "Yes."

It's not that it should be above him, it must be above him, and it's far beyond.

Gu Chi: "..."

How immodest.

He rubbed between his brows and said with a headache, "Then what about your spatial ability? Was it awakened before, or after being stabbed by Zhang Bin?"

Chi Ying pursed her lips, knowing that she probably couldn't hide it, and said frankly, "I had it before."

"Huh... Then I understand." Gu Chi let out a long breath.

"In the last days, it's a good thing to know how to protect yourself. I can understand, and you don't have to feel guilty."

He looked at Chi Ying with a calm expression.

"Whether it was discovering Professor Lin or you raised Zhang Bin's suspicious points, they all helped us a lot. You are not my team member. I am very grateful for being able to do this."

Chi Ying was silent, and after a while she asked uncertainly, "Really?"

Gu Chi nodded firmly.

"...Then why did you give me that glass of water?"

She was so sour that she almost passed out, and she reasonably suspected that this man was out to retaliate.

"..."

Gu Chi's gaze drifted away uncomfortably.

"Thank you is one thing, but I should also have the right to be angry." He had a serious face.