Chapter 4

After about ten minutes of walking around, I decided to head back to my dormitory. I was halfway through the portrait hole when I was pulled the rest of the way in by Ron. "What took you so long?"

Hermione was right behind him. "Is she really your sister?"

"She is."

They looked at me expectantly. "So, what exactly happened?"

"Snape took her in when the Dursley's took me." I explained, still not quite believing it.

They didn't look too believing either.

Ron was the first to speak after a few seconds of silence. "Snape. As in Professor Snape?" 

I rolled my eyes. "What other Snape do you know, Ron?"

"No wonder she's in Slytherin."

"Dumbledore was insistent on the fact that Snape isn't why, but I pretty much agree with you, Ron. It's either Snape or Malfoy, that scumbag."

"Harry, you don't know that it was either of them. I'm not defending them, but there are honestly many different factors that play into what house you get into."

I scoffed, but dropped the subject. Instead, I recounted Dumbeldore's story of what happened the night my parent's died. 

Olivia's POV

When we got back into the common room, I was surprised to see Draco lying on the couch. I had been gone for at least an hour. "Why are you still out here?" 

He looked up at me. "I was actually just gonna leave when you came in." He yawned and stood up. "How was the meeting?

I shrugged. "Boring, I don't know why I had to be there."

He smiled "You can tell me all about it tomorrow. Right now, you should probably head to bed." 

I told him goodnight, then headed up to my dormitory. A four-poster bed has never looked so welcoming.

The next morning was hectic. Everyone crowded the halls as they talked to friends who they didn't see last night, all of them being much louder than strictly necessary. People who I had never seen before glared as I passed, and two or three purposely shoved me aside as they passed. Finally, I made it to my first hour class: Defense Against the Dark Arts.

"There's the last few Slytherins," the Professor laughed as the group I was with filled the last seats in the back of the room. As Draco sat next to me, the Professor started class. "Welcome to DADA everyone! As you probably already know, I'm Professor Lupin."

He quickly jumped in to how the year was gonna go, and before I knew it the class was already over. As everyone stood up and gathered their stuff, Professor Lupin walked up to me. "Actually, Miss Potter, I would like you to stay back for a few minutes. I'll explain your tardiness to your other Professors, don't worry."

Draco stood next to me, waiting for my response. "Uhh okay, sure. Go on ahead, Draco. I'll catch up with you later."

When everyone was gone, Lupin turned back to us. "Merlin, you look just like James and Lily," he told us.

"You knew our parents?" I asked him.

"Of course! Everyone new James and Lily. I was a close friend. James and I were in Gryffindor together. Not so close to Lily, though. She usually stayed to herself."

"She was also a Gryffindor?" I asked.

"Yes."

"Is that why everyone thinks it's strange I'm in Slytherin? Because they expected me to be just like them?