Chapter 17

When it was dinner time, I walked to the Gryffindor table to talk to Harry and Ron. “Hey, how did the tryouts go?” Harry asked as I sat down.

“They were fine. You won’t be seeing Draco much anymore, though.” I laughed. I chose a seat on the outside of the bench next to Harry.

“Why, did he not make the team?” Ron asked through a mouthful of food.

“No, he’s on the team, he’s just the keeper.” Harry and Ron looked at me with confusion clear on their faces.

“What? He’s not the seeker? You would think his father’s money would have secured the spot.” Harry said.

I smiled, shaking my head.“Someone was better than him at tryouts. You know, we do care about skill on our team.”

“Well, that’s a surprise.” Ron muttered.

I laughed, reaching for a glass of orange juice. “Well, did you make the team, Olivia?” Harry asked.

I nodded. They looked at me expectantly. “Well, what position do you play?” Ron finally asked.

“Not even a guess?” I asked. They shook their heads. I sighed. “I’m the new seeker.” Harry smiled and patted me on the shoulder.

“Well, I can’t wait to see that match. Potter against Potter.” Ron shook his head. I laughed and waved goodbye to them. I went back to the Slytherin table and sat next to Blaise and Bobby.

They, of course, were talking about Quidditch. “Hey Liv, what were you talking to Potter about?” Bobby asked.

“Just about making the team. I’m glad Granger wasn’t there. Always acting like she’s better than everyone.” I shook my head. She really can be annoying. And I don’t think she likes me much either. Like I care.

“Mudblood.” Blaise muttered under his breath.

“Hey, why aren’t you sitting with Draco?” Bobby wondered.

I shrugged. “I’ll let Pansy annoy him. I wouldn’t want to ruin her fun.” They laughed, and we began to talk about our favorite Quidditch teams. I had learned about different teams with Draco and he gave me a few posters.

“Why don’t you ever hang out with girls?” Blaise asked randomly.

“Because in my opinion, girls are loud, crazy, and they never shut up.” I said simply. They laughed, agreeing with me.

“So you never really hung around girls a lot before you came here, did you?” Blaise asked. I shook my head.

“What magic school did you go to before here?” Bobby wondered.

“I actually didn’t know about magic until two weeks before I came here.” I answered, messing with my food.

“What? You've got to be kidding me! Where did you stay? How do you know all those spells?” Bobby asked. I ignored his last question. “I stayed in an orphanage.” I lied.

“But that still doesn’t-,” Just then Lupin came and saved me.

“Miss Potter, will you please come with me?” he asked. I nodded and without question I followed him out of the Great Hall. Once we were in his office he turned to me. “Olivia, as you may know, tomorrow is a full moon. I’ve been told that it takes a day for the potion to be made. Will you be able to make it in time? But even with the potion I think it would be necessary for you to come with me.” He admitted sadly.

I smiled. “Of course I can make the potion in time. I already have a book checked out from the library also about how to create it.”

He smiled gratefully. “Thank you, Olivia. By the way, I heard about the Quidditch tryouts this afternoon. How did they go?”