Chapter 22

I warned them, didn’t I? I told them they wouldn’t be welcomed to the practice. That they would think they were stealing our strategies. But do the listen to me? No. I sighed angrily and shook my head as we waited for Snape in his office. I know I shouldn’t have reacted the way I did, but what was I supposed to do?!

*Flashback*

Before we started practice, I vaguely saw Harry and Ron in the stands far up. No one else seemed to notice yet. We went into the air, and we started practice. I had to wait for a while after they let the snitch and then try to look for it. It was harder now, considering the sun was behind thick clouds. But I still found it pretty quickly.

I turned and Harry and Ron had their mouths open. I smiled slightly and raced to the goal posts. But as I got there, Courtney yelled “Gryffindors!”

We all turned and saw Harry and Ron make it worse by trying to run away. Everyone on the team was furious, including me. They could get me in big trouble with these people, and then they make it worse by running away?! While they started to fly over there, Bobby stayed behind. “Did you tell them to do this?” he demanded. “Is that why you always sit by them?”

I shook my head. “No I didn’t. I didn’t even know they were there! Why does everything have to be my fault?!”

He searched my face, looking for any trace of a lie. “If you didn’t tell them to do this, stop them. Do a body binding curse.”

I nodded and flew after the others. “Protrificus Totalus.” I muttered and they fell to the ground.

Bobby flew up to me and patted me on my back, then went over to the others who were standing around Harry. “So, looks like we got some spies. Olivia, did you have anything to do with this?” John turned to me.

But Bobby saved me. “No, I already asked her. And to prove she wasn’t lying, she was the one who caught them.”

John nodded and then turned back to the frozen boys. “So what will we do to the little Gryffindors? I think they need to learn a little lesson” He took out his wand and pointed it at them.

“Expelliarmus!” His wand flew into the air, but I caught it before it could fall over the edge of the bleachers.

“What the hell was that?!” He stormed over to me and took his wand back.

“I didn’t do anything!” I growled. “My wands not even out!”

“But you can do wandless magic.” He really wasn’t helping my crappy mood.

“It wasn’t me.” I said it slowly, trying to control my anger.

He just shook his head and looked at everyone. He stopped, and, walking over to Courtney, he took her wand. “Why did you stop me?” he asked quietly but threateningly. She shrugged and folded her arms. “Why are girls so stupid?” 

That's when I snapped. I had had enough. “What is your problem?” I yelled. Almost everyone on the team stepped back, fear on all their faces. But I didn’t pay attention to them. “What do you have against us? I’m ten times smarter than all of you retarded people!” By the look on John’s face, I could tell I had scared the crap out of him. It looked like that with everyone.

Except Harry. He understood me fine. Their jinx had worn off by now and they were getting up. Ron looked pretty scared too. “Calm down Olivia, you don’t have to yell.” Harry muttered. Ron turned and looked at Harry in disbelief.

“If you can just speak in English, we would really appreciate it.” John said under his breath.

I turned and glared at him and he flinched back. “Just shut up.” I said through clenched teeth.