Chapter 55

Harry's POV

Today was Buckbeak's execution. Hermione, Ron, and I walked slowly through the school, heading out to Hagrid's. We had got a letter from him saying it was going to be at sunset. He told us not to come, but of course we weren't going to listen. We needed to be there for him.

As we were walking down, however, we saw Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle looking down at Hagrid's hut. We tried to pass them without being seen, but Malfoy must've heard us, because he turned to us and smirked.

"Come to watch the show?" he called. We just ignored him. But he started to walk toward us. "Personally, I think it was a brilliant idea. I think the big bloke deservers it since he clearly can't control his creatures and-"

He was cut off by Hermione turning and pointing her wand at him. He took a step back and he looked like he would pee his pants.

"Stop Hermione, he isn't worth it." Ron said from behind, but you could tell he wanted her to jinx them.

Slowly Hermione put her wand down and turned away. As we started to head down again, Malfoy started to laugh and say stupid mud blood, and Hermione turned and punched him in the face. He fell to the ground and you could see his nose started to bleed. He quickly got up and ran off with his two goons behind him.

"That felt good." Hermione said and massaged her fist.

"Not good, brilliant!" Ron said. Hermione only smiled and started to walk down again.

We got to his door and knocked lightly. We could hear his loud sobs, so we tried again, only louder. We heard him stop for a few seconds, then walk toward the door. He opened it up a crack and looked down at us.

"I thought I told you not to come." he said accusingly.

I sighed and shook my head. "Of course we were going to come and comfort you, Hagrid." I told him. He smiled slightly and opened the door more for us to come in. We went and sat at his table as he went to the counter.

"Do anyone of you want a cake?"

I looked at them, and we all shook our heads at the same time.

"Well, I was going to ask Ron to come down here because apparently, I found one of his pals." He reached up to one of his cabinets and pulled down a jar. He slowly removed the lid and reached his hand in. When he pulled it out, Ron ran over to him.

"Scabbers!" he yelled and took the ugly rat. "Where have you been?" he asked it quietly and rubbed it's head.

"I think you owe someone an apology." Hermione said angrily.

Ron looked over to her and nodded. "The next time I see Crookshanks, I'll be sure to tell him."

Hermione stood up and scowled at him. "I meant me."

Right after she said this, though, something flew through the window and smashed a pot.  

Hermione went over to it and found a little rock type thing. I was about to ask what it was, when I felt something hit the back of my head, hard.

I turned quickly to look out the window, but froze when I saw the Minister, Dumbledore, and the executioner come down.

I turned back quickly. "We need to leave. Now. They're coming." Hagrid looked out the window and shook his head.

"They're early. Guess they really don't like him." he muttered and looked back at us. "Whenever they knock, you have to run out the back door. Okay?" We nodded and went to the back.

A few minutes later they knocked and we bolted out the back. We hid behind some vegetables and Buckbeak. Buckbeak barely acknowledged us though.

Once they were inside, we ran up to the castle again. We stopped when we were there and looked down at Hagrid's hut. We only saw the executioner's ax fall.