Chapter 59

Harry’s POV

A few seconds later we were still standing in the Hospital Wing, but it was light outside and we were the only ones in there. Hermione looked down at her watch. “7:30. Where were we at 7:30?” she asked and looked up at me.

I thought about it for a moment. Our evening was pretty eventful. But at 7: 30... “Hagrid’s.” I said. I thought more about it, then nodded. That’s where we were. She smiled and headed for the door, with me and Olivia close behind. We hurried down to the school grounds.

When we got there, we had to stop by the doors. Our past selves were still there. They were going down pretty slowly. I turned to Olivia and saw she was looking toward the Whomping Willow. After a few seconds, she pointed over there. “There I am.” she said and Hermione and I turned.

We could see her walking over there in her wolf form. She really did make a beautiful wolf. Pure white fur with the bright green eyes. I saw those in the shrieking shack and I actually thought of her. But I never would have thought it was actually her.

We turned back and finally saw ourselves go inside the hut. Olivia stepped in front of me and Hermione and hurried down the hill. I was surprised with how fast she could move and not make a sound. Hermione smiled and followed her with me right behind her, but we made a lot of noise.

When we got to where Olivia was, she was shaking her head. “You guys could have drown out a whole army with all the ruckus you guys were making.” she hissed, but she smiled.

Hermione laughed and looked over at Hagrid’s hut. We watched through the window as Hagrid took down the pot and got Scabber’s. Olivia looked back at me, but she saw something behind me and looked back to the hut with a troubled expression. “Guys, they’re coming! But you guys aren’t leaving…”

Hermione and I looked back and saw that Olivia was right. Dumbledore, the Minister of Magic, and the executioner were walking down. I turned back and saw Hermione chuck something at the hut. I watched in awe as it sailed through the window and hit a pot, dead in the center.

I turned to her to ask what that was, but she was already throwing another. It whacked my past self in the back of the head.

I mouthed out ouch and looked at Hermione. “That really did hurt.”

She turned to me with a grimace. “I’m sorry, but it worked. Look.” she said and pointed back to the hut. I had saw them coming and we were heading to the back. Olivia started to move back so we wouldn’t be seen, but Buckbeak saw us.

Without looking at me and Hermione, he went right over to Olivia. She sighed, but patted the Hippogriff on the head. Buckbeak bent his head down more, but Olivia was looking at Hermione.

“I know how we can save him.” she said with a smile. She turned to me. “We have to hide right now. Let the Minister see him. Then when they go in, we can take him. That way, when he’s gone, they can’t blame Hagrid because he would be in there with him the whole time.” She smiled again, and she just had that type of smile that you couldn’t help but smile back to.

She pulled both Hermione and I back into the first layer of trees in the forest just as our past selves hid right where we were a second ago. They started talking in whispers, and right when the Minister went inside, they sprinted off to the castle. But we stepped forward again and Olivia got a belt with ferrets on it.

She stepped back slowly and bribed Buckbeak with the ferret, but I think he would have followed Olivia even without the food. We back up into the forest again and somehow she got the big hippogriff to hide behind the foliage well, because a few minutes later, the Minister came out with the executioner, and he yelped when he saw nothing.