Chapter 57

Harry’s POV

I honestly don’t know what to believe. Hermione and I helped Ron while Lupin was behind us with Snape. Olivia was behind him with Pettigrew. Sirius walked between me and Lupin. On the way out, he explained everything, and when Hermione started to get tired, he took her place. I was getting used to him, and he wasn’t a bad guy. He even made a few jokes on the way to lighten the mood.

“I am really sorry about the bite, Ron. I was in a hurry.”

Ron shrugged and looked at me. “It’s alright.” he mumbled. He had gotten really pale and it looked like he would pass out. We finally got outside and we laid Ron down.

Sirius looked up at me and nodded toward a spot a few yards away. “Can I talk to you Harry?” he asked quietly. I nodded mutely.

“Harry, I hope you understand that you can trust Olivia. She’s your sister, and she had a good reason not to tell you.”

I looked down at the ground. I’m not surprised Olivia knew I lost my trust in her. With that special skill she has, she probably heard all the bitter things Hermione was thinking also.

Sirius put a hand on my shoulder. “I also heard you have a terrible aunt and uncle.” I looked up at him and nodded. “Well, I was wondering, in a few summers, would you like to start spending the summer with me? Up until then I’m sure I’ll still be trying to hide from the ministry.”

I looked at him with hope in my eyes. Not go home to the Dursleys? Sirius laughed. “Well, as your godfather, I thought I should help in anyway possible.”

I was about to answer, when we heard this horrible cry come from behind us.

Olivia’s POV

I was talking to Hermione, holding my wand to Pettigrew’s throat when Lupin cried out. I turned quickly and looked at him in alarm. He was clutching his chest and crouching down. I quickly understood, and, looking up, I saw it. A full moon.

I ran over and crouched next to him. “Professor, did you take your potion?” I asked hurriedly and put my and on his shoulder. He flinched away from my touch and fell on his back. His eyes were wild and he looked scared.

“Move...away…NOW!” he yelled, but the last word was more of a growl. His teeth grew into the big, sharp teeth and his head grew bigger and longer. I took a few steps away as he yelled in pain. I watched, helpless, as he transformed, and finally I was standing in front of a werewolf.

He growled and took a step toward me. I put my hands up. “Lupin, you're not a monster! Remember who you are!” It didn’t work. He kept growling. I looked at Hermione and nodded toward Pettigrew. “Make sure he doesn’t escape.” I said, tossing my wand to her.

As I turned back to Lupin, my eyes saught out Sirius, who was shaking his head and was starting to move toward me, but I was already shifting. A few seconds later, I was in my wolf form. I stepped toward Lupin and growled.

“What is she doing?” Harry asked, and watched in horror as I lunged at Lupin.

But Lupin was faster than last time. He got on his hind legs and swatted at me. I managed to move slightly, but he still hit my side. I rolled once when I landed, but got up quickly. I turned back to him and started to circle him. He swatted at me a few more times, but I easily moved away.

Sirius quickly changed and started to help me. He tried to tackle Lupin, but was thrown to the ground and dazed for a few seconds.

I jumped at Lupin again and tackled him to the ground. I bit his leg, but he shook me off and took a few steps away again. I growled at him, but there was a loud howl, and he turned toward the woods. But the noise was cut off quickly.

Harry called my name, but when I turned to him, Lupin pounced.

He clawed at my face, tackling me to the ground. He kept biting and scratching, so I couldn’t get him off or attack him. When he finally got me off, I was struggling to stay conscious. Sirius was on him now. It was a tough fight and it looked like Sirius was winning. They soon were just blurs because I couldn’t focus.

Finally the bigger form, I was guessing it was Lupin, got off of the smaller form and ran into the woods. I heard a faint noise and decided that must have been what stopped him. I was out before I could process anything else.

Harry’s POV

‘It’s all my fault.’ I thought bitterly as I ran toward Olivia. ‘She was doing perfectly fine until I distracted her.’ I sat down next to her limp form. You could clearly see the blood on her white fur. I grimaced when I saw a big scratch on her head. I choked back tears as I looked for Sirius.

I jumped up when I saw him limp off and stumble down a hill.

I looked at Hermione, who had her head in her hands. “How can I be so stupid?” she cried. “He’s gone Harry. I turned my back, he took Olivia’s wand, and then…” her voice trailed off and she waved her hand toward the forest. I knelt down next to her.

“It’s alright, Hermione. You did fine. Right now you have to look after Olivia. I have to go to Sirius.” Without waiting for her response, I turned and ran after him.

It took about five to ten minutes, but I finally found him next to a lake. I knelt next to him. He looked pretty bad. I looked at all the different cuts and bruises on him, and I was about to take out my wand, when it got really cold. I looked up slowly and saw hundreds of dementors.

~~~A/N~~~

Okay, there is no excuse for not posting for that long. I am terrible sorry! Also, I was reading a lot because I got the Neptune's Son. Ya, that was a great book! It's by Rick Riordan and it's the second in the series. It was awesome! And I was wondering... Do you guys want me to do the whole thing when Harry and Hermione go back? Please, I need help. I also need 10 comments before the next chapter. :) And thank you for all my loyal fans who put up with my crap and enjoy reading my book!! I really appreciate the support!!!!!!!