Chapter 42

~~~Hey people! I decided to go with 123Draco because they were the closest. Now, Enjoy Chapter 42! Remember to Vote, Comment, and Fan! And I probably won't be able to upload until next week. Maybe. Sorry!~~~

Olivia’s POV

The rest of the week passed by quickly. It was pretty uneventful, except for Wednesday. Lupin had told me he wanted to see me in his office, and when I got there, Harry was there also.

“What did you want to see me about, Professor?” I asked as I sat down.

“Olivia, I wanted you to help me teach Harry the Patronus charm.”

I glanced at Harry and he shrugged. “Okay, I guess I can. Nothing better to do.” I told him and he stood up from his desk.

“Great. We’ll be practicing on a boggart.” Harry and I followed him out into the History of Magic classroom to a chest in the corner. “Now Olivia, you’ll have to stand farther away. I’m sure that the boggart wouldn’t change into a dementor if it saw you. Now Harry, just think of a happy thought and say ‘Expecto Patronum.’ Got that?”

Harry nodded as Lupin opened the chest and stepped back. I watched as a dementor rose above Harry. He pointed his wand and said the words, but nothing happened. He tried again and again, but nothing worked.

I stepped up. “Harry, like this. Expecto Patronum!” My wolf sprouted from the top and blocked the boggart, but when it saw me, it changed. I stepped back as it changed into a deatheater, but behind the mask I could clearly see my bright red hair.

“Redikulus!” Lupin said in the corner. It changed into a clown, and Lupin sent it back into the chest. I stepped back and saw Harry was watching me closely. So was Lupin.

“I’m sorry.” I said shakily. Harry didn’t say anything and kept looking at me.

“It’s alright Olivia. You know you don’t have to help if you don’t to.”

I shook my head. “I shouldn’t have stepped up to it. I won’t do it again. But I’ll still help.” Lupin nodded, and Harry finally looked away.

Harry’s POV

Wow. Olivia’s fear is much more serious than mine. And frightening. Lupin opened the chest again and the dementor came out. Okay, I have to remember to think of a happy thought. I held up my wand and thought of leaving the Dursleys. “Expecto Patronum!” I said, but it refused to work.

The dementor was getting closer. I thought of Ron and Hermione. “Expecto Patronum!” I said more forcefully, and the end of my wand shed a little mist type thing, but nothing else. The dementor floated over me and as I passed out, I heard yet again a woman scream.

When I opened my eyes, Olivia was holding my head. She sighed and shook her head. “He’s fine, Lupin.” She said and looked up at the Professor. 

“Did you hear the scream?” I asked in a voice barely above a whispered. She looked down at me again and nodded slightly.

“Lupin didn’t. That was from your memory Harry, and I heard it only because you did. So no one else would hear it.” she whispered back. I nodded and she looked over at Lupin again. I sat up and rubbed my head.

Lupin came over and gave me the chocolate thingy. “It’ll make you feel better.” He said when I eyed it cautiously. “It helped you last time.” he reminded me.

“Last time?” Olivia asked looking back and forth between us.

“On the train to Hogwarts before the school year started.” I mumbled and took a bite. I immediately started to feel better. I tried again, and this time I didn’t pass out, but I didn’t succeed either.