Chapter 5

Two class hours later, I was walking through the halls, trailing behind Draco. They were too crowded for us to walk side-by-side, so when we finally reached a less crowded area, we were able to talk.

He laughed at my exasperated look. "You get used to the hoard of people. Trust me."

"You're lying, how can anyone get used to that?" I laughed, rearranging my books so that I could hold them easier.

"It's not so bad after everyone actually knows where they're going." We walked down a couple more corridors before stopping in front of Snape's door. "So,” he said. “Now you’ll see the real, horrifying Snape. Wait, I forgot to ask, what happened with Lupin?"

I opened the door and beckoned him in. “I’ll tell you later.”

“At lunch?” He suggested. I agreed as I followed him to two vacant seats in the back.

Harry’s POV

After I left to go to Divination, I had a little time to think about what happened with Olivia. One, she got to grow up learning and using magic. Two, she seriously seems to have something against me. Three, even when Ron and other purebloods grew up around magic, she seems to know exacty what she was doing, she seemed to have so much control. When we were first years, no one was like that. Did growing up with Snape actually have a.. positive effect? Nevermind that now.

I hurried up the stairs leading to the divination trap door. “Now.” I heard Trelawney finish as I came through. Lavender Brown and Parvati Patel aplauded as everyone else just sat there.

“I’m sorry, Professor. I was-,"

“You were with Reemus and Olivia. I already know.” She finished as I hurried over to Ron and Hermione.

“Sorry, I had to walk Olivia to the greenhouses." Trelawney just waved me off, and I turned to Ron and Hermione. "Hermione, I have no idea what to think of Olivia.” I whispered. "Just all together she's so confusing. I'll tell you guys about it at lunch."

Unlike the other professors, Trelawney dove right into her lesson. She was still just talking about seeing peoples future or something like that when the bell rang.

Next, I have double potions with Snape and the Slytherins. I just can’t  wait.

On the way to the dungeons Ron, Hermione, and I were trying to imagine all the different ways that Snape could take points from us this year. Well, Ron and I were. Hermione just kept repeating that we should just hope nothing goes wrong.

However, some thing tells me something always goes wrong with Snape, no matter what.

We finally reached the dungeons to see Slytherin was already there. And, not too surprisingly, Olivia was sitting with Malfoy, laughing. This actually had to be the happiest I've seen her yet. She didn't at all look happy when we were with Lupin. I pointed her out to Ron and Hermione.

“That’s your sister?” Ron exclaimed in a loud whisper.

He laughed as Hermione hit him on the shoulder. “Don't hit too hard, Mione. I just didn't get a good look at her in DADA."

“You weren't kidding when you said she was friendly with Malfoy," Hermione commented. 

“I don’t really like it. I mean I’m glad that he doesn’t hate her but-,” I was cut off by the doors opening up behind us.

“Pair up.” he snapped as he walked to his desk in the back of the room. I quickly sat next to Ron. The doors opened again, and Neville came running in. As he passed a Slythering table, though, a Slytherin tripped him and he fell, taking a caldron with him. “Longbottom, get up and pick up my supplies. 10 points from Gryffindor.” Snape snapped.

This is going to be a long class.

Olivia’s POV

While we were waiting for Sev, Draco kept going on about past years with him as a Professor. He actually seemed kinda miserable to have, but I knew he wouldn't be too irratble with me.

“Pair up.” he snapped. Some of the Gryffindors looked completely terrified as they sought out their friends.

I nudged Draco and nodded to them. He smirked as he organized his supplies. “Snape scares the crap out of most of the students. Not Slytherin, or most of Slytherin at least. He tones down a little with us. But he still scares most of the girls. It doesn’t matter that he’s the head of our house.”

I smiled at him. “Really, he’s not that scary.” Just then Millicent tripped a pudgy looking Gryffindor who was late getting into here. Snape automatically took 10 points from Gryffindor, making most of the Slytherin scoff.

Everyone's attention was quickly brought back forward as Sev started his lesson. “Today we are going to be discussing these potions here.” Sev waved his hand over the three cauldrons, and they became transparent. "Can anyone tell me what these are?"

My hand shot up in the air, and buck teeth’s hand right after mine. She stared as me and tried to sit a little straighter. I rolled my eyes and turned back forward. “Potter?” Sev called on me.

“The right is Polly Juice, the middle is Shrinking Solution, and the left is Veritaserum.” Buck tooth's mouth dropped, and a couple people turned to stare at me. Why was everyone so shocked? They should expect this, considering I grew up with the Potion Master.

“Looks like we finally have a brainy one in Slytherin.” Draco whispered in my ear. "Other than myself, of course." I laughed before Sev's stern look made me stop quickly.

“50 points to Slytherin.” Sev said.

“Looks like Granger isn’t very happy about that.” Draco said. The people around us chuckled.

“Which one is she?” I asked Draco.

“The other one that raised her hand. With you, we might get a few needed points instead of Gryffindor."

“The one with bushy hair and big teeth?” I asked.

Draco howled with laughter. “All I have to say is, if your as good making potions as you are telling them apart, then I am very glad I picked you as a partner.” Draco said, calming down a little.

Draco didn't calm down quick enough, though. I glanced up to see Sev glaring over at us. “Malfoy, I suggest you quiet down over there before you lose the points Potter earned you." 

That stopped our laughter. 

I only half listened to the lesson, it being over things Sev taught me a long while ago. When the bell rang at least,  I got up and walked to the Great Hall with the rest of my house.

I sat down with Draco, and Millicent sat on my other side. Pansy sat in front of me. I didn't really know what to think of Pansy. She seemed nice enough, but her humor was darker than I normally was used to. She only found things funny if they put others down. Truthfully, I wouldn't have even talked to her if it wasn't for Draco.

That's why, while people filled all the places around us, I really only spoke to Draco. He seemed to feel the same as he glared at the little first year who sat closer than strictly necessary to him. He turned to me, looking completely exasperated. I laughed, causing him to crack a little smile. “So what happened after DADA?” he asked as he reached for a sandwich in front of us.

“Lupin was mostly curious about how Sev raised me, and how much he taught me. He wants me to demonstrate some of the spells tomorrow in a mock battle.”

He stared at me. “You're going to be battling a teacher?”

I rolled my eyes as people turned to look at us. "I'm not sure if you can call it a legit battle. I don't like that he's calling it a battle at all. But basically, yes. He wants me to show my wandless magic."

"You can perform wandless magic? Olivia Potter, why didn't you tell me this earlier? That's so cool!"

"It's not too big of a deal. In a few years everyone will be able to. After that, I won't be too interesting.”

"I disagree greatly with that, but that will be a discussion for later. What class do you have next?"