Chapter 18

Once I was my wolf, I tracked Lupin’s scent to the Forbidden Forest. I could hear him moving around behind the thin layer of trees in the front. When I got closer, he started to growl and bark. I growled back. He ran farther into the forest and I ran after him.

But after a few minutes, the noises stopped. I looked around and I couldn’t find his prints in the ground. I couldn't see him anywhere. But as I was turning, he attacked from the side of me, knocking me to the ground. He kept rolling me over and ran me into a tree. My back whacked the trunk and it dazed me for a few seconds. When I got up, I felt a shooting pain in my side. But I shook it off and started to circle him. I have to remember how aggressive werewolves can get, even with the potion.

He launched himself at me and I barely dodged him. He disappeared into the bushes. He howled and attacked me from behind. I barked in pain as he bit into my back leg. I turned quickly and growled threateningly. He started to back away and backed into a tree. He finally stood his ground, advancing on me. We did this for a while until the pain in my leg became unbearable and I sat on the ground.

Lupin started to crouch, and was going to attack, when God had mercy on me and the clouds covered up the moon. Lupin slowly changed and, when he saw me, hurried over to me. I was trying to change back also, but I was too weak to change back into my regular form. He came and knelt down to me. “Olivia, you need to change back to your human form so I can take you to the hospital wing.” He said quietly. I kept trying and I slowly changed back. But it was too much, and I blacked out.

 ***

When I woke up, sunlight was streaming through a window behind me. I slowly opened my eyes and I saw that I was lying in a white bed in a very clean, neat room with beds lining both sides of the room. I barely turned my head and saw Sev quietly talking to Madam Pomfrey by the door. Also, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the twins were next to my bed. George saw me open my eyes and raised an eyebrow. “Are you with us this time, or are you going to faint again?” he asked.

That got the others attention. “Olivia! You’re awake!” Fred exclaimed happily.

“I think she’s with us this time. The other times her eyelids just fluttered, she wasn’t actually up.” Hermione told them in her usual know-it-all voice.

“What happened?” I asked groggily.

“Actually, we were hoping you would tell us that.” Ron said, earning an elbow in the side from Harmione.

“People were saying you were attacked by Sirius Black. Is that true?” Fred asked excitedly.

“Move back! Give her some space!” Madam Pomfrey came up behind them with a bottle in her hand. “That was a nasty accident you had there. You had a couple of broken ribs and a very serious leg injury. Maybe even a concussion.” She informed me.

“How long was I out?” I asked Harry.

“Three days. It’s Wednesday afternoon.” He said. Three days?! Where’s Lupin? There won’t be anymore full moons until next month now. I guess I didn’t help much.

“Sweety, please drink this potion. It’s a sleeping drought. It would be better for you to be asleep while we tend to your broken bones.” I took the potion from her without complaint. I looked around at the small group, giving them a small smile. I looked down at the bottle and, grimacing, I drank the potion. I was out in a matter of seconds.

*Dream*

I was lying in an open field. The sky was full of clouds. I got up and looked at my surroundings. In the distance there was a small neighborhood. There was a small park, and in the park, there were little children laughing with their parents.