Chapter 50

~~~So sorry guys! I know this is a super late upload, and this is a short chapter, but I promise I'll be uploading again soon! But it might not be for a couple of days, because school starts up again tomorrow. but I'm excited! (Yes, I'm a nerd.) And I also dedicated this chapter to Sourpatchpotter because she was being helpful and encouraged me in uploading :) And before the next upload, I have to have 5 comments. Also, do you guys think I should go along with the whole Hary Potter series and have about 4 or 5 books, or just stop after this one? I would really appreciate hearing all your oppinions! Remember to Vote and Comment!~~~

Olivia’s POV

Dinner was fine. I sat at the my table next to Draco, Bobby and Tom, since I haven’t for about a week. Bobby made me promise to do it more, and to hang out with them. They said I needed to spend time with people in our house.

“So will you tell me how you know that Logan guy?” Draco asked halfway through dinner.

I smiled and took a bite from my sandwich. “He’s one of my best friends. We’ve known each other since we were three.”

Bobby looked back and forth between us, confused. “Whose Logan?”

I looked over at the Ravenclaw table, searching for Logan. I found him quickly with his brown hair and bright eyes sitting at the end of the table. I pointed to him. “That’s Logan. Transferred here earlier today.”

Tom looked over. “The one with dark brown hair at the end?” I nodded and he shrugged. “Obviously a half-blood.”

I laughed and turned back to him. “What makes you say that?”

He smiled. “I just know these things.” Then he looked at my arm. “Do you know when you’re getting the cast off? We have a game coming up.”

I shook my head. Something caught my eye over at the Gryffindor table, and I turned to see Hermione trying to get my attention. She mouthed something, but I couldn’t make out exactly what. I mouthed out ‘what’ and Bobby almost fell out of his chair.

“What in Merlin’s name happened to your eyes? They were green one minute, then they changed yellow!” Bobby’s outburst made the people around us to turn to us. I sighed and looked down at the table. I waited a few seconds, trying to change my eyes back to a normal color. When I looked up again, all three of them were staring at me.

“They’re silver. How did you do that?” Tom asked, excited. I smiled and looked over to George.

“Weasley invention.” With that, I looked back to my food.

At the end of dinner before we left, Dumbledore announced the new Ravenclaw. It was all fine, but when Logan stood up, he slipped and fell back on the bench. People laughed and his face turned red.

He quickly got the nickname ‘slip up half-blood’ from the Slytherins.

As we made our way out of the Great Hall, Hermione caught up with me. “Olivia, you left your books in our common room again.” She grabbed my arm and dragged me behind her. I looked behind me for help, but Bobby laughed and shook his head. They turned and headed back to the common room. Lucky butts. I sighed as Hermione pulled me into an empty classroom.

“What is it Hermione?” I asked.

She locked the door behind her and turned to me. She took a step back though, when she looked at me. “Please think of something else, Olivia. I really don’t like that eye color.” I sighed again and looked around the room. When I looked back, she smiled. “Much better. Now, I wanted to talk to you about the whole lecteurdesprit thing.”

“What is there to talk about? So I can read minds. People can’t lie to me without me knowing.”

She smiled again. “You can do more than that. You can share your thoughts. Have unspoken conversations. No one would know. The gift is pretty rare, and you wouldn't want to waste it.”

“So, what do you want me to do? Practice projecting my thoughts?”

“Well, what I was thinking was, if you could use your gift that easily when you were a child, it should be very easy for you to do this. Just try.”

I concentrated on something, a simply ‘like this?’ and cracked my eye open. “Did it work?” I asked her. She shook her head. I kept trying, but only got it a few times. This went on for a few hours, until I got it.

When we were done, it was well past curfew. Hermione was lucky she was close to her room. Mine was practically on the whole other side of the castle.

“Come on, Olivia. You can crash in our common room tonight.” I smiled and followed her out.

George’s POV

In the morning when I came down to the common room, the first thing I saw was Olivia sitting on the couch, covered by a blanket, looking into the fire. She stood up, and I saw she was in her usual nightwear. Long striped pants and a green tank top. I walked down the rest of the stairs, and Olivia turned to me, even though I didn’t make a sound.

“What are you doing here?” I asked and walked over to her. 

“What, I can’t crash here?" When I nodded, she smiled. "I was with Hermione last night, and it was too late to head back to my common room, so I stayed here. I was planning to leave before anyone noticed. But, I guess some people wake up too early.”

She took the shirt she had yesterday and put it on. She also got her robe and put it on. When she was ready, we walked down to breakfast together.