Chapter 40

Over all, I got a lot of new clothes, a firebolt, candy, and a book on how to do expert pranks. But I got a huge surprise the day after Christmas. When I went downstairs for breakfast, me wearing the new extremely comfy Slytherin shirt, there was a package on the table with my name on it.

The twins were sitting around it, looking at the weird paper it was wrapped in. An owl was flying around their heads. I smiled when I saw the paper that covered the box. It had my favorite baseball teams and football teams, and on a part of it, it had every player’s signature.

“What the heck is that?” George asked, pointing to a picture of a football. “It’s called a football. It’s a sport I loved to watch. But who would know about this?” I wondered out loud, carefully ripping the paper. Before I opened the box, however, there was a note. I recognized the handwriting almost immediately.

 Dear Olivia,

I haven’t talked to you in a while. It’s a surprise to hear from me, isn’t it? Or to get a present from me, since you’re so far away. A lot changed when you left. If you haven’t guessed, but you probably did with that brilliant mind of yours, when you left, our whole group drifted apart and Mathew and Louis started to despise each other once again.

But I didn’t get to see them actually start a fight, because I got a very interesting letter. It said, “Congratulations, Mr. Summers, you have been enrolled into our fine school here in Georgia. Pinewood school of magic would be honored if you would choose to come to our school. We would like your answering owl in no more than a week’s time.” I had showed my parents, and they had said they thought I would be getting my letter soon.

I had learned I was a wizard, it was a huge surprise, and that my parents were both wizards also. But my father’s parents weren’t so I’m a half-blood. My parents had sent an answer, which was a yes, and I left a week later.

We started on September 5, and I’ve made good friends here, but none of them even compare to you. But before I had left, my parents had started to get the Daily Prophet, and I saw you in it. I had read “The missing Potter twin has returned! Starting as a new third year, Olivia will enter with the new first years!” So, it’s not Olivia Snape anymore? Olivia Potter, the twin of the famous Harry Potter. How cool is that? I wish I had went to London and found out I was extremely famous!

Do you like the paper? I had personally sent a card to all the players and asked for their autographs. Okay, maybe it wasn’t that dramatic, but I still worked hard to get it. Write me back with Jeremy, my owl. Hope you’re having fun in the foreign country!

            The bestest and hottest friend ever, Logan.

                        P.S. I’m still available, and if you want we can have this long-distanced relationship! ;)

I smiled. Typical Logan. When I was in America, one of my bestest friends ever, named Logan, was the coolest guy I ever met. We’re very close friends and we always hang out with each other. I knew he would be the person who missed me the most when I left, and I miss him too. But I never liked him more than a friend.

But he would always play around and hit on me. I put the note down and opened the box. The first thing I saw was a picture of me and my friends, but Logan had changed it and it was moving. I watched as I smiled for the photo, then Logan kissed me on the cheek. I had wiped it off and slapped him on the arm as Mathew and Louis started yelling at each other, and Haley shook her head at us and went to get the camera.

I saw Logan’s writing in the corner and a little arrow pointing to us. “This is my favorite. I actually got lucky!” I put it on the table and saw he had a signed baseball and another photo of him, but he was kissing a photo of me. He is so weird. This one also moved. He would kiss the photo, then smile at the camera and give me a thumbs-up.

The last thing in there was a pair of glasses. There was a note on there also that said what it was. “Put these on and then picture what you want your face to look. They will change everything, from the hair color to skin color. They work perfectly.”

I showed it to the twins and showed them the note. “That is so cool! Can we see the photos?” Fred asked.

I nodded and tossed the baseball around. “Who’s Logan?” George asked, and I could tell he was mad. Aw, he’s jealous.

“It’s alright, Georgie. I never liked him. He’s my best friend from America. Looks like he is also a wizard. He’s been my friend since I was 3. He’s very weird, but not as much as me. Don’t worry. Where is the rest of your family?” I asked, looking around.

“Everyone left right before you came down. We’re going to a muggle restaurant in the village. It’ll be fun.” I nodded and went upstairs to change. While I was up there, I wrote an answering note to Logan.

 Dear Logan,

          This is so cool! I actually have someone to talk to during the summer now. Hogwarts is great, I’ve made friends, and only one of them compares to you. And sorry sweatie, but that one person is my boyfriend. George Weasley.

I’m actually staying with him during the break, and we go back in three days. I’m sorry, but I don’t have a gift for you. But I’ll think of something before I see you this summer. And Hogwarts is better than any school you’ll ever go to. Unless you switch and come here… but I wouldn’t advise that. It’s crazy there.

How are things in Georgia? I loved the photos you sent me! But I could have gone without the one where you kiss my picture. That’s kind of creepy. You need to get over me! I only like you as a friend, nothing more, nothing less. You need to write to me again soon! I get so bored here!

          All my love, Olivia

                   P.S. I love this foreign country!!!

I put a photo of my smiling at the camera and waving, and a photo of me and George, him in his Gryffindor robes and me in my Slytherin ones.

I closed the envelope and headed downstairs where I gave it to Jeremy. I also gave him a piece of bread and sent him on his way. Then the twins and I headed down to the village.

Over the last few days, I still haven’t heard from Logan yet and we go back today. I got all of my things together and headed downstairs. “So how did you like it here?” George asked while we waited for everyone else to come down.

“It was fun. I love it here. It’s nice and cozy. But I miss Hogwarts. I miss all the meals there, and I want to see Sirius. I don’t know how he’s doing, and I don’t know if he’s been getting food.”

George came over and gave me a hug. “I’m sure he’s alright, love. Dumbledore was probably helping him.” I nodded as Ginny, Fred, and Percy came in with their trunk.

“Dad can’t take us, so we’ll have to use floo powder straight to platform 9 ¾.” Ginny told us and left quickly. Percy was right behind him.

“Why are they in such a hurry?” I muttered as I walked over to the fireplace. I took a handful of powder and left.

When I came out, there were a lot of people there in front of me. I stepped to the side as George came through. “Well, let’s go get a carriage before they’re all taken.” He said and led me over to the train.

We got on and it took us awhile to find an empty one, but we eventually found one. I plopped down on the seat next to the window and he sat next to me, and Fred was behind him. After 5 minutes, the train finally left the station and we were on our way back to Hogwarts.

~~~Woo Hoo!!! Chapter 40!!!!! I made it this far! But I really need fans. And before i post... 10 Comments. hahaha