Chapter 15

Olivia’s POV

All day. That’s how long my nightmare has been haunting me. I had to tell Draco that I was worried about Harry. Which, in my defense, was bothering me. But that’s not the whole reason I was acting weird. I think he could tell, too. But he doesn’t push me, and I’m grateful for that. But I have to go see Sirius. I have some serious questions for him.

On the way to breakfast, I kept replaying the freaky dream in my head. And I hated having to tell Draco stupid lies. And at breakfast, Harry and Mudblood Granger didn’t help anything. But Draco took me to the lake, which always soothes me. We started talking about me changing and he let me go. But I told him I would just walk around. Just another stupid lie.

So after I changed a jogged over to the Whomping Willow. I placed my hand/paw in the specific spot that Sirius told me and the tree froze. I went through the tunnel in the ground and soon came through to the bottom floor of the shrieking shack. I saw Sirius’ prints and followed them to the second floor of the building.

They led to a small bed and on it was Sirius, who was reading a book about creatures. I barked and he jumped back. “Merlin, Olivia. How long have you been there?” he asked and stood up. I changed back to my human form and faced him with an emotionless mask.

“Sirius, I need to talk to you about something. I had a strange dream last night and it involved you and some other people. Will you listen?” I asked him. He nodded, not saying anything, and I began explaining my dream.

*Dream*

I was in a dark alley and I saw a big, fat rat run across the ground. I looked around and didn’t see anything else, so I followed it. It led me to a street with only one street lamp on. It scurried over to one of the buildings on the other side and in the dark, it turned into a chubby, short man with blondish hair.

He looked around to see if anyone was watching, then he went into the house in front of him. I crouched out side the door, just close enough so I could here what was happening inside. “Wormtail, did they make you their safe keeper?” asked a high, cold voice. From what Sev told me, this was the Dark Lord.

“Y-y-yes, my lord. They switched Sirius Black with myself.” The guy, Wormtail, stuttered. It was obvious he was scared.

“Does Dumbledore know of the change?” asked the Dark Lord.

“They told him about changing people, but they were never specific.” Wormtail answered.

“Very good. Now, where are they? I need to put an end to the threat.”

“They are staying in Godric’s Hollow. In a small house. And they know nothing, my lord. But, my lord, may I take care of Sirius? He’s a disgrace to the Black name and should be killed for it.” The Dark Lord thought about it for a few minutes.

“Maybe that would be necessary. Fine, but don’t let there be any witnesses.” He agreed.

Then the dream changed and I was standing in a little house. I saw as Voldemort waved his wand through the air and kill a man that looked a lot like Harry. It took my a few seconds to realize sho I was looking at. I witnessed my father’s death. And soon after that, my mother’s.

Then I was in a room and I could just feel the tension in it. “They trusted you! And you threw it away like it was nothing! James trusted you for all those years and you go do that stupid move?!” Sirius’ yell broke the silence. He raised his wand the same time Wormtail did.

I couldn’t hear the spell that he used, but a minute Wormtail was there, and then, there was only a finger where he was. And all 12 of the people around them fell limp on the ground.

*End of Dream*

I was still looking at Sirius, waiting for him to explain. I folded my arms over my chest and just stood there. “Did you kill them, Sirius?”

He just looked at the ground. “Do you know why I was sent to Azkaban, Olivia? I was sent there for killing thirteen people, Pettigrew included.”

“Who’s Pettigrew?” I asked impatiently.

“The rat, Wormtail. His name is Peter Pettigrew. And I didn’t kill anyone. He killed them. And he’s not dead. No, he’s very much alive. And I know where he is.”

I was silent for a few minutes, letting that sink in. “You didn’t come here to check on me and Harry did you?”

Sirius shook his head. “No, I didn’t, although I did want to see you two again. But Peter is here. And he’s close to your brother.”

“How so?”

“His friend Weasley. He owns a rat. And that rat only has three little claws on one of his paws. And he's been with the family for 12 years now.” he explained, finally meeting my eyes. 

I thought about that. “And you came for revenge?” I asked.

He nodded. “For being in Azkaban for 12 years and for your parent’s death. But it’s strange, how did you see all of that? You weren’t even there when it happened. Maybe you should talk to Dumbledore about it.”

I nodded. “Thank you, Sirius. I’m glad I came. Oh and, um, Harry isn’t very happy with me right now.”

Sirius looked at me curiously. “And why is that?” he asked.

I sighed. “He doesn’t like my,um, close friend.”

“And how close is ‘close’, exactly?”

I looked down. “He's my boyfriend.” I said quietly.

“And why wouldn’t Harry be okay with that?” Sirius asked.

 “Because he’s Draco Malfoy.” I answered.

Sirius just looked at me, looking amused. “A Potter with a Malfoy. How much weirder can this get. A Gryffindor with a Slytherin.” Sirius shook his head.

“Um, Sirius. I’m not a Gryffindor. I’m a Slytherin.”

Sirius looked… shocked. Just plain shocked. “An Eva- I mean Potter in Slytherin. Who would’ve thought.” “Who’s Evans? You're the second person to call me that.” I asked.

“Evans was you’re mother’s maiden name.” Sirius explained. Oh. Well that makes sense. Lupin said that I looked just like my mother.

“Thank you Sirius. I’ll tell Dumbledore about my dream. But, shouldn’t Harry know about Peter?” I asked.

Sirius just shrugged. “That’s something you ask Dumbledore.” I nodded and changed back to my wolf. I slowly walked back to Draco. As I went, I thought about all that Sirius and I just talked about. Draco was still lying on the beach of the lake when I got back. I went over to him and sat on top of his stomach.

He laughed, sitting up. He rubbed my head and picked me up and laid me next to him. I barked quietly and went over to the tree. I changed back to my original form and laid next to him again. I put my head on his shoulder and just looked off to the lake. He started to mess with my hair, but I didn’t really care.

“So, where did you go?” he asked.

I shrugged. “No where specific, really.” He nodded. “Did Dumbledore get your message?” I wondered. He nodded again. “I think I should go talk to him.” I said, got up, and headed up to the school, not waiting for his response.