Chapter 43

Dear Logan,

I admit, it would be fun if you came here. But if your parents don’t think you should, you need to listen to them. Hogwarts so far is very fun, and yes, George and I are in the houses with the biggest rivalry. Also, no I won’t dump him for you.

But, for your sake, I will take it into consideration if George does something. But right now, everything is fine and dandy.

I told my friends about you, and they like you already, and some of them even want you to come here. And you asked me how I met George. His younger brother, Ron, is best friends with Harry. Ron is in our grade, and George is two years older.

I think you two will like each other; you're both jokers, and you're both hilarious. And George has a twin named Fred. You have to be very observant to see the difference between them.

How are things going at your school? Will you introduce me to your friends? Or at least tell me their names. 

I doubt you don’t like one girl that goes there. You won’t hold onto me forever, Logan.

I do miss my bestest friends in the world and can’t wait until the summer when we see each other again. And yea, I even miss your twisted humor. I guaranty if you come to Hogwarts, your year won’t be boring. There is always something going on here.

      Write back soon.

          The best friend that only loves you like a brother, Olivia.

I smiled as I looked over the letter, and I gave it to Zodiac, my owl. She took off as I headed back in, quickly getting out of the cold night. I walked slowly through the empty corridors, enjoying the silence, sneaking away when I heard Filch and his cat.

When I knew they weren’t anywhere close by, I would walk silently, thinking about whats going to happen. Why he wants it to be so late at night, I have no idea. I walked on, glancing at the different paintings that were sleeping.

“You know Olivia, you really shouldn’t be walking alone at night.” I turned quickly and saw Lupin standing there. “Especially without light from your wand.” he said and lit his wand.

The paintings slowly woke up and were muttering rude things. “Turn the light off!” one yelled and turned his back to us. Lupin nodded his head back and I understood that I needed to walk with him. So I went without question.

“What are you doing, walking through the corridors late at night?” he asked when we got to his office.

“I just came back in from sending a letter sir, and I was heading back to the dungeons.” I told him and looked around his office.

“In the direction you were going, I don’t think that’s entirely true. Why were you dodging Mrs. Norris and Filch for something as innocent as that?”

I looked at him quickly to see he was smiling at me. “I, um-”

“Olivia, I want the truth. Walking around at night could be considerably dangerous.” he said quietly. I sighed and looked down.

“I really did send my friend a letter, sir, but I wasn’t planning on going back to the common room. I wanted to be alone, so I was walking around the empty corridors. And I didn’t want to have a light so people won’t know I’m there. I honestly didn’t think anyone would find me.”

It wasn’t the whole truth, but it’ll have to do. I glanced up to see his expression, to see he was smiling. I must’ve looked as confused as I felt, because he quickly explained. “You sound just like your father. Your mother’s looks, but your father’s personality. That could be a bad thing, thinking like your father.” He chuckled, shaking his head.