Chapter 11 *CURRENTLY EDITING*

*CURRENTLY EDITING, PLEASE DON'T READ THIS OR PAST THIS POINT UNTIL I AM FINISHED! THIS DESPERATELY NEEDS DONE, AND EVERYTHING AFTER THIS DOES NOT ADD UP WITH MY EDITED CAHPTERS!

I woke up to see Cotton flying around my head. She had a letter in her mouth. Slowly, I reached up and took the note and opened it. All it said was ‘Meet me in Severus’ office.’ In neat, loopy hand writing. What? Who sent this? Only two or three people know about Cotton. And it wasn’t Draco’s writing. So it was either Dumbledore or McGonagall.

I shrugged, got up, and got ready. When I was done I glanced a the clock. It was 6:05. Someone likes to get up early. I went down the stairs slowly and quietly so I didn’t wake anyone up. Once I left the common room, I went deeper into the dungeons. Finally I got to Sev’s office door and I knocked.

The door opened almost immediantly and someone pulled me in quickly and closed the door. I turned to see a man in clothing that was almost rags and he had curly hair that was close to his shoulders.

“Who are you?” I asked the man.

He shook his head. “That’s not important right now. Merlin, you look just like your mother.” He commented.

“How do you know that?” I asked.

“We were old friends. Your father called me Padfoot.” He told me.

“Why are you here Padfoot?” I wondered.

He smiled. “I wanted to see if Snivelus took care of you.” He said.

I nodded. “He’s like father to me.” Sev said there was someone named Sirius who called him that. Wait? Sirius? “Your Sirius. Like Sirius Black. You escaped Azkaban! How?” I asked, excited.

He chuckled. “Just like your father. Never afraid. If I did this to any other student they would have ran out of here screaming.” I laughed. He continued. “But going to that terrible place is the other reason I’m here. I got sent there with a false accusation. I need you to talk to Dumbledore and explain that. I’ll be with you of course, but I can’t change.”

I must’ve looked confused because he quickly explained. “I’m an animagus. I’ll change into my animal form and follow you. No one will think it’s weird if a dog is following you.” He said simply. He took out his wand and pointed it to his head. He shrunk until he was a shaggy, brown dog. I smiled as he nudged my leg. I opened the door and we made our way to Dumbledore’s office.

Once we got there I muttered Lemon Drops and we made our way up the secret staircase. I knocked on his door and patted Sirius’ head. He barked quietly. I chuckled as Dumbledore called to come in. I stood up and opened the door. “Miss Potter, what brings you here this early?” Dumbledore asked. I opened the door open all the way so he could see Sirius.

“Sirius, I knew you would try to talk to one of the Potters.” Sirius wagged his tail.

“Dumbledore, Sirius-” He held up his hand and stopped me.

“It’s okay, Olivia, you don't have to explain anything. I never thought Sirius did anything. I know him, he would never do anything to hurt anybody.” I smiled. Dumbledore continued. “Sirius, you can come in and change. I have some clothes you can use and some food.”

Sirius jogged in and I closed the door. A few minutes later he was eating and had new robes on. “Thank you, really Dumbledore. I didn’t know if you would believe Olivia or not. But the thing is, when she found out who I was, she wasn’t scared. Actually, just the opposite. She was excited and was asking me how I got out.” Sirius laughed and took another big bite out of his food. While Dumbledore and Sirius talked to each other I walked around the room, looking at various things.

“Professor, how do you become an animagus?” I asked. They stopped talking and I could feel them looking at me, but I didn't turn around.

“And what animal did you have in mind?” he asked me.

I shrugged. “Probably what my Patronus is.” I answered. I turned to face them. They were exchanging looks.

Dumbledore nodded slightly. “Your father was one. So was Peter. But Reemus,” Sirius glanced at Dumbledore. “Reemus was the reason why we changed. He always went by the name Moony. Can you guess why?”

I thought for a few seconds. “Because he’s a werewolf?” I guessed. Sirius nodded. I looked at Dumbledore. “Well, can I become one?” I was excited, and they could tell.

“Well, what is your Patronus?” he asked me. I shrugged. “We should find out then.” He waved his hand to show me I was able to find out right there.

I smiled and took out my wand. “Expecto Patronum.” I muttered. A silvery-blue mist came out the bottom and formed into a…wolf. I looked at Dumbledore to see he was looking at it strangely. “What is it?” I asked.

He looked at me. “That’s a very powerful animal. It’s sly and sneaky. You don’t see that kind of Patronus often.” I stared at him.

“Is that good or bad?” I asked.

“Neither, neither. It’s just a sign of a very powerful person.” He smiled at me. “So, is that the animal you want to be able to change into?”

I nodded and smiled. “Okay then. I think it would be fine for you to be able to change. You could help Reemus by giving him his potions and keeping him under control when he changes. And Sirius could have someone to keep company with.” He started to walk me through some things about being an animagus and he said he could help me with it the next day. I also learned that Sirius was my god father.

I learned some things about him and he learned some things about me. When we were done, it was almost lunch time. “Shoot, Draco’s probably wondering where I am.” I said standing up.

“Will you take Sirius with you? He needs to leave before people get suspicious.” Dumbledore told me. I looked at Sirius.

“Where are you staying?” I asked.

“I was thinking about the shrieking shack.” He answered.

I nodded. “I know where that is. Tomorrow I’ll try to visit, okay?” I looked to Dumbledore to see if that was fine. He nodded. I smiled and hugged Sirius. He turned back to his dog form and we walked out of Dumbledore’s office. We were only in the corridors for 5 minutes before someone called my name. I turned and saw Draco coming over here.

“Where have you been? I looked everywhere for you! What’s with the dog?” he asked.

“That’s not important. It’s okay, calm down. I’m fine.” I said calmly.

He smiled at me. “Sorry, but you missed all the morning classes. Lunch is about to start. And why can't you tell me where you were?"

I sighed and looked behind him to see if anyone was coming. "I was with Dumbledore. Now will you let me pass?"

But he wouldn't budge. "Why were you with Dumbledore so long?” He asked, crossing his arms over his chest. Sirius got impatient and nudged my ankle.

“Sorry Draco, but I have to take him outside.” I waved my hand over Sirius. “I’ll meet you at lunch. Save me a seat.” And with that, I left with Sirius at my heels.