Chapter 20

Olivia’s POV

This is the perfect thing to use! I had sent Cotton to George asking how to make the writing disappear. It’s really simply actually. Just say mischief managed. But before I put the map away, I slowly made my way back to the dungeons, waiting to see if Pettigrew would leave.

But I saw Lupin coming my way. I slipped the papaer into my pocket before he saw me. I was walking along like nothing had happened when he caught up to me. “Olivia, Dumbledore would like to talk to you.”

I followed him to Dumbledore’s office and made my way up the stairs. When we entered, Dumbledore was reading some papers on his desk. He looked up when Lupin closed the door. “Hello Olivia, nice to see you again. Please, take a seat.” I took the the seat in front of him. 

“Olivia, earlier when Pomfrey called me to the Hospital Wing that was the second time I had been called to check on you. I wasn't able to tell you this before, considering there were a few students in the halls” My eyesbrows furrowed in confusion. There was a time before that? I only remember one of my dreams. He continued, not noticing my confusion.

“The first time I had been called you were deathly pale and had a cold sweat. You would shake uncontrollably and clutch at you scar. Harry and Mr. George Weasley were with you, and Harry felt the burning sensation in your scar. They had no idea what was happening. After that I had people stop visiting you, so you would hopefully sleep peacefully. But apparently that didn’t help much. After dinner today I had talked to Severus, and he had told me that you were not familiar with a name you were calling out. Are you aware of that?”

I nodded. “Madame Pomfrey had said I was saying the Dark Lord’s name, but Sev had never told me his actual name before.”

“I don’t understand. How could she say a name she doesn’t even know?” Lupin was talking to Dumbledore like I wasn’t even there.

But Dumbledore kept his eyes on me. “Do you remember your scar burning?” he asked. I shook my head. “That’s good. You had actually woken up during that. You would scream and your eyes... weren't their normal color. You had passed out from the pain. That was two days ago. Only Harry, Mr. Weasley, and I knew about this. I had told them not to talk to you about that. Do you remember either one of your dreams?” he asked quietly.

I looked down, suddenly feeling very self-conscious. “I only remember the last one.”

He leaned in a little more. “Will you tell us please?”

I sighed, but told them my horrifying dream. When I was done, Dumbledore was deep in thought.

After a minute, he looked up at me again.  “Would you let Severus look back and witness both of your dreams?”

I stared at him in shock. “What? Using Occlumency?” Dumbledore nodded. I knew if I agree to this Sev wouldn’t hurt me, but I was ashamed of my dream. I definately wasn't acting like my normal self. But finally, I agreed.

“Okay, Reemus, would you please go get Severus?” Dumbledore turned to Lupin.

“Of course.” He turned and left, leaving me alone with Dumbledore.

“You know, Reemus does feel terrible about what happened.” he said quietly.

“I don’t blame him for anything. I’m the one who wanted to help. I wasn’t prepared." After a few seconds of silence, I made a snap decision. "But I still want to help somehow.”

He nodded understandingly. "I thought you might say that."

“May I still help?” I asked hopefully.