Chapter 12

We didn’t run into anyone else as we walked along. When we got to the school grounds, I patted Sirius on the head. He turned and rubbed his head against my leg. I laughed as he walked toward the Whomping Willow. “Who owns the dog?” I jumped and turned to see Harry. “Or is he yours?”

I thought about it and laughed. “You can say that. And next time, can you please tell me your right there?”

Harry smiled. “I actually didn’t mean to scare you. I just saw you walking through the halls with a dog beside you. I was just wondering where you were this morning.”

“I was with Dumbledore. We should head to lunch. I’m starving.” I said and walked past him. We made our way across the grounds toward the castle.

“Why were you with Dumbledore so long?” Harry wondered.

 “He just wanted to ask me a few questions.” I looked at Harry to see him looking at me weirdly, almost... angrily?

“I bet you’ll tell Malfoy.” he said coldly. He glared at me and I returned the look.

“Yes, I probably will. He’s my best friend.” I answered.

Harry looked away. “It’s obvious you like each other. I just want you to watch out. He doesn’t have the best reputation.”

I looked at Harry in disbelief. “You’re looking out for me? What is with you and Malfoy?” I stopped and waited for an answer.

“He’s just not the nicest guy. And I know someone else who likes you. Now come on.” He said and took my arm. I didn’t move.

“Who likes me?” I asked. Harry wouldn’t look at me. “Harry, who likes me?” I said slowly.

“Just forget it. I shouldn’t of said anything.” He said while trying to pull me again. But I still stood my ground.

“But you did say something. Who likes me?” I asked.

“One of the twins. That’s all you need to know. You probably can’t even tell which is which.” Harry said.

“Actually, I can tell them apart. And if you don’t tell me, I’ll tell them that you told me and I can tell from their reactions.” I said. Harry shot a worried look at me.

“You wouldn’t dare.” He said.

I smiled evilly at him. “Try me.”

He sighed. “Fine, it’s George. He likes you. Now come on!” This time I let him pull me along. When we got there we had only missed 5 minutes of lunch. I walked away from Harry quickly and went to sit by Draco.

“What’s with scarhead? His glare was colder than usual.” Draco whispered in my ear.

I laughed. “He’s under the impression that he needs to warn me about the people I hang out with.” I answered.

Draco glared at Harry. “So he doesn’t like you hanging out with me. Maybe he needs to mind his own business. It’s not like I’m mean to you or anything.” Draco muttered. I laughed. That was far from the truth. I told him what happened with Dumbledore, but I left out the part about Sirius and me becoming an animagus. He doesn’t need to worry about that. “So, nothing really important happened. But what was up with the dog? Was he yours?” Draco wondered.

I shrugged. “You can say that. I’m going to take care of it for awhile. But Dumbledore said not to keep it at school. So I found a nice place for it. Tomorrow I’ll visit him and see how he's doing.”

Draco nodded. “Snape was wondering where you were. But no one had an answer.” I looked up to see Sev looking at me. I gave him a small smile. But of course he didn’t react. Right, he had to keep his reputation. I looked away quickly.