Chapter 53

George’s POV

An hour later, everyone was here, and the party was awesome. Except, Olivia still hadn’t come back. I turned to Harry. “I’ll be right back!” I yelled over the music. Thank Merlin the silencing charm on the door worked well. He nodded and I slipped out.

I slowly walked down the corridor and looked into every classroom. Finally two floors down I saw something interesting. There was a chair knocked over and a gaping hole in a desk. I didn’t want anyone to know I was down here so I dimly lit my wand and stepped in the room. I examined the mess and saw that the floor was severely burned in one spot.

“Bloody hell.” I muttered. As I was walking out, I saw something colorful in the corner of my eye. I turned slowly and walked over to the corner. “Olivia!” She was lying on the ground with her head by the wall and her feet underneath her. You could clearly see her scar running up the side of her neck.

I sat down and put her head in my lap. She was breathing regularly, but I knew she wasn’t asleep.

I took my wand out and put the tip on her forehead. “Ennervate.” I muttered. She moved her head slightly. It took a few minutes, but finally her eyes fluttered open.

She immediately moved her hand to her head. “Ouch. What happened?” Her eyes roamed the room and finally landed on me. She sat up quickly, but grunted in pain and laid back again.

“Olivia, are you okay? Where is he?” I looked around the room to see if maybe he was still in here. But I didn’t see anything.

Olivia looked at me like I was crazy. “What are talking about? He who?”

“What do you mean he who?” What’s up with her?

“I mean, who are you talking about?”

I raised my eyebrow. I spoke slowly. “Pettigrew, the person you followed in here?”

“George, I didn’t follow anyone. Again, what are you talking about? Why are we in here?” She sat up, slower this time, and tilted her head.

“Liv, you said that you saw Pettigrew change back to human and you followed him in here.”

She shook her head. “No, I didn’t. You must be confused. I’m pretty sure Pettigrew left the castle. There’s nothing left that he needs here.”

I looked at her closely. She was pretty convinced. But… Wait. No, no, no! I tried to calm down. I might be wrong. I hoped I was wrong. “Then why did you leave the party?”

She sighed and I could tell she was starting to get annoyed. “What party, George?”

I put my head in my hands. Exactly what I thought. Now I just needed to know how much she forgot. “The party. Logan’s birthday party. Remember?”

Olivia shook her head again. “George, that’s not until, like, three days. What’s the matter with you?”

I looked up at her mournfully. “You did catch him. But he got to you. He used obliviate. Olivia, today is the 30th, you put together Logan’s party, and the party is going on right now. We need to see Dumbledore. Now.”

Olivia’s POV

What the hell?! What happened? The last thing I remember is falling asleep on the common room couch on the 26, and when I wake up, I’m in an empty classroom with George leaning over me, claiming it’s the 30!

What was he saying about Pettigrew? I sighed in frustration and shook my head. Now he’s taking me to see Dumbledore and I’m still extremely confused.