Chapter 48

~~~Hey guys! I was on facebook and was thinking, and I made a fan page! I’ll be posting on there frequently and telling you what’s happening and when I’ll most likely post! And for the people who are real potter fans, I’ll have quizzes! So please check it out and like! Thank you!~~~

Olivia’s POV

I missed lunch. Well, skipped would be a better word. When I came back to the common room, I didn’t go back to sleep. I read. Learned a few things. Avoided thinking about my dream. I didn’t usually deal with my problems like this, but I’m scared. I don’t want to kill people. I want to be on the right side. I want to have a choice.

I sighed and left the common room. I don’t think I can avoid the dream very easily. I walked around the castle, sticking to the shadows when people passed by, looking for someone to talk to. I rounded another corner and saw Draco and his goons were picking on someone.

Logan’s POV

I was extremely excited. My parents talked to Dumbledore, and they had agreed that it was a good idea to transfer me to Hogwarts. Like, for the end of this school year. I thought of everything my dad had told me of Hogwarts as I sat in the chair in front of Dumbledore’s desk.

When we left the day before, it only took me a few hours to get all my stuff together, and another hour or so to say goodbye to all my friends. Now I’m here, getting ready to be sorted.

“Okay, Mr. Summers, I got it.” I looked up and he was holding this old looking hat. I stopped fidgeting and he placed it on my head.

“Aww, very smart I see. Just like your father.” it purred in my ear. “But there’s courage here, too. Very much so. So where do I place you? Well, it will have to be RAVENCLAW!” It yelled. I took the hat off and gave it back to Dumbledore. He smiled and turned back to the shelves.

My eye caught something on my cloak. When I looked down, it was slowly changing colors! The lining on the cuffs and down the middle turned blue and the inside a dark gray, and a little logo with an eagle on it appeared on the top. I smiled and looked over at my stuff. The lining on the trunk had turned blue, also. I love magic. There was a pop, and suddenly my things were gone.

Dumbledore chuckled at my expression. “The house elves have taken your stuff to your dormitory.” he explained. I nodded and stood up. “Would you like me to call one to show you around?” he asked when I reached the door.

I shook my head. “No thank you, sir. Thank you anyway.” I told him and left.

After a few minutes, I realized I really did need help. But I couldn’t find my way back. I rounded a few more corners, and found a group of Slytherins. Or at least, I think they were Slytherins. Their robes were green, at least.

I was about to turn around, when one saw me. He was big, like fat big, and he looked like he didn’t have a single thought in his head. He nudged the person who was next to him, who had white blond hair, and nodded toward me. The blondie turned to me and cocked his head to the side.

“I haven’t seen him before.” he said to his friends and started to walk over to me with arrogance. I hesitantly stopped and he stood in front of me. “And who are you?” he asked. When I didn’t say anything, he turned to his friends. “Stupid mud blood.” He turned back to me and smiled. “I think we should teach him that you need to answer people who are better than you.” he said.

The two idiots then pounced on me and pushed up to the wall. The taller one took me by the collar of my shirt and lifted me up. He slammed be against the wall and I couldn’t breathe correctly.

But before blondie could do anything, God had mercy on me and sent my guardian angel to come around the corner.

“Logan?” Olivia asked in disbelief. She looked at the blondie and ran over to us. “Draco, stop! He’s a half blood!” she pushed him away, and did the same with the two thugs. I dropped to the ground and coughed a few times, finally able to breathe right again. She knelt next to me and patted my back.

“What the hell, Olivia?’ The Draco kid asked. I glared at him and stood up.

She also glared at him. “Draco, you don’t have to attack everyone you see.” She turned to me. “What are you doing here?” she asked.

“Just transferred. Also, will you show me around? I’m already lost.” I whispered to her. She laughed and nodded.

“Who is he, Olivia?” Draco asked. She turned back to him and lost the smile.

“A friend from back home.” she said simply and, taking my hand, she walked away from him. Once we were a floor up, she smiled at me again and let go of my hand. She looked down at my robes and nodded. “I’m not surprised you got in Ravenclaw, the way you can tell what people are like before you even talk to them.” she said and led me up a few more floors.

Finally we stopped in front of a bronze knocker in the wall. “How can you make your way around without getting lost?” I asked, breathless. She laughed again.

“I’ve been here for a few months. Trust me, you’ll get used to it. Now, this is the Ravenclaw common room doorway. You have to say something to your knocker to get in.” She was about to say something else, but was cut off by the door opening. A girl came out of it, her blonde hair up in a pony tail. She smiled when she saw Olivia.

“Hello, Olivia. Fancy seeing you here. Did you come to ask about the quibbler?” She cocked her head to the side and looked to me. “Who are you?” she asked, her eyes not entirely focused.

“Luna, this is Logan. He just transferred. Since he’s a new Ravenclaw, I was going to show him how to get to his common room. But since you know your way around inside, can you show him?” Olivia was talking kind of fast. She always does that when she’s excited. I bet she wants me to meet her boyfriend or something.

Luna smiled and nodded. “Olivia, you can come, too. Everyone likes you here.” She grabbed the knocker and knocked lightly.

It came to life and looked down on us. “there is a man, he leaves home and runs around three blocks, when he comes back home their are two masked men, who are they?”

Luna thought about it for a few minutes, then looked at Logan. “Do you know the answer?” Logan smiled and looked at me. I thought about it and smiled.

“The catcher and the umpire.” Logan and I said at the same time. The door opened slightly.

“You would do well in this house, Potter.” the knocker said and opened the door all the way. We entered and I saw that it was filled with blue. I didn’t really like blue. But Logan loved it, and his smile only got bigger. I should show him how my common room is better.

Once we entered, Luna looked around the room, and when she saw who she was looking for, she skipped over to a girl in the corner. “Penny, we have a transfer student.” She came back over to us with the Penny girl behind her.

“Hello, I’m Penelope, the prefect for Ravenclaw. What’s your name and what year are you in?” What year? Olivia must’ve known I was confused because she quickly answered.

“Penny, this is Logan Summers, a new third year.” Penelope smiled and held out her hand. I shook it hesitantly and she turned her back to me.

“Over there are the dormitories for the girls, and over there are the dormitories for the boys.” she explained. I nodded when she looked back at me, and she smiled. “If you have any questions, just find me and I’ll help, okay?” I nodded again and she headed back to the table in the corner.

Olivia pulled my arm and we left the common room. “Okay, right now we’re on the 5th floor. You have to remember that.”

“And what do we do now?” I asked as we started down the corridor. She turned to me and smiled.

“You meet my friends.”