Chapter 62

Hermione’s POV

When we landed in the courtyard, Harry reached for Olivia, who was in Sirius’ lap since there wasn’t enough room. I don’t know what Sirius did, but she’s really calm around him, but when I tried to talk to her, she looked so scared.

When Harry got close with his arms stretched out to pick her up, she scooted back even more and held her hands up. She made this little whimpering noise, and she just looked so fragile. It broke my heart to see her like that, and I could tell it had the same effect on Harry.

Sirius placed his hand on her shoulder and looked at Harry. “She’s just confused. She’ll be fine in a little while. Once she gets more used to changing, it’ll be easier to remember everything afterwards.”

Harry looked up at Sirius sadly. “How can she forget?”

Sirius looked down at her, but she was staring at Harry. “When they change at night, they turn into totally different animals. They can’t remember anything about their human lives. That’s why they can attack their best friends. After they change back, it can take awhile for them to finally remember everything.”

As he was talking, Olivia had turned back to him, but now she faced Harry again. Sirius said something to her again, and she scooted forward a little and Harry scooped her up in his arms.

She looked really uneasy and looked back at Sirius, and relaxed a little when he nodded his head encouragingly. Sirius turned to look at me and Harry. “I’ll talk to you both soon. Remember, Snuffles. Okay?” We nodded, and he was off.

Olivia watched as he left, and when he was gone she wrapped her arms around Harry’s neck. Harry and I shared a look, and then we were off, hurrying through the halls to get to the Hospital Wing before it was to late. When we finally got there, Dumbledore was shutting the door.

“Sir!” Harry rushed forward and stopped in front of Dumbledore. “Sir, Olivia changed. She was-” Dumbledore held up his hand to stop Harry. He looked at Olivia and frowned.

“Miss Granger, would you please make sure that Miss Potter comes to my office tomorrow?” When I nodded, he passed Harry and walked down the corridor.

Harry watched him leave, then nodded toward the door. I rushed forward and opened it him. When we entered the room, Ron pointed to a spot near his bed, then to us. “You guys were right there! But now you’re there! And why are you carrying Olivia?” He asked, bewildered.

But Harry wasn’t paying attention. He went to the nearest bed and placed Olivia on it gently. When Harry started to walk over to Ron, Olivia sat up. “Where are you going?” she asked, sounding very scared. Harry glanced at me, walking back to Olivia.

“No where. I’m staying right here.” he said soothingly. Olivia calmed down a little and nodded. She started to lay down, when she looked at him pleadingly.

“Please stay.” she said quietly, and when Harry nodded, she laid down and fell asleep. I turned to Ron, and he looked so confused it was almost funny. I smiled and walked over to him.

“Just sleep, Ron. We’ll explain it later.”

Olivia’s POV

When I woke up, I had a dull throbbing pain in my chest. “Ugh, what happened?” I groaned.

It all came back in a rush. Changing, all the confusion, Harry carrying me. I sat up quickly. “Oh hell no.” I turned and saw Harry was sitting next to me. I got a really sharp pain in my chest again and I sat back. I sighed and looked back to Harry. “Please tell me I was dreaming.”

He finally seemed to understand. “Um, that wasn’t a dream.” he said quietly.

I cursed quietly and hit the bed. I definitely did not want to feel that vulnerable again. Last night, I felt so helpless. I didn’t want to go through that again. “Was it really bad?” I asked. But before he could answer, Hermione came through the doors.

She smiled when she saw me. “Good, you’re awake. Dumbledore wants to see you in his office.”

~~~

Ten minutes later, I was standing in front of Dumbledore’s door. I knocked, and the door opened a few seconds later. I walked inside and stopped next to the door. “Sir, you, uh, wanted to see me?” I asked.

Dumbledore smiled. “Yes. Please, sit down Olivia.” Slowly I walked over and sat down in the chair in front of his desk.

Before I could ask anything, however, the door opened, and Lupin walked in. “Yes, Headmaster?” He looked at me in confusion. “Olivia?”

Dumbledore turned to him. “Remus. Where were you last night?” I looked up at Dumbledore and I could feel the blood drain from my face. So that’s what this was about. He didn’t waste any time getting to the point.

Lupin on the other hand had no idea what was going on. He looked slightly taken aback by the question. “It was a full moon last night, Dumbledore. And before that, well, I had things I had to take care of.”

Dumbledore glanced at me for a second. “Do you remember what happened while you were a werewolf?” he asked.

Lupin thought for a second. “There wasn’t really anything weird. Olivia was out there this time, and that’s about it.”

Dumbledore didn’t say anything for a few minutes. “Remus, last night, there was a problem.” he said finally.

Lupin was still confused. “Dumbledore, I don’t understand.”

Dumbledore looked at me, and I quickly dropped my eyes to the floor. “Olivia was bit last night. On her side, I believe.” When I nodded, I glanced up at Lupin. He looked completely horrified. Dumbledore continued. “Last night she changed, and was lucky to have someone there, but she needs you to help her.”

Lupin put his head in his hands. “I’m so sorry, Olivia.” His voice was muffled by his hands. He looked up at Dumbledore. “I’ll help her tonight.”

~~~A/N~~~

Hello people! I didn’t get a lot of support for the last chapter, so I need 5 comments before I upload again. Also, the next chapter is the last for Olivia Potter! I’m so excited! So remember, 5 comments J