Chapter 36

Hermione’s POV

Why won’t anyone believe me? I honestly do think Olivia was faking it. She was just fine when I talked to her, and then she goes and pulls that stupi stunt? I can’t believe her. All Slytherins are the same. Always were, always will be. I don’t get why George doesn’t see it. Its ridicules, stupid, idiotic. How can you get a headache that makes you pass out?

Great, here she comes now. Guess she was fine and well enough to leave. Why can’t she just leave us alone? “George, can I talk to you for a second?” she asked, her voice breaking slightly. He nodded and they left the Great Hall, no questions asked.

I sighed and turned back to the meal. “Are you still mad at her?” Harry asked, eyeing me weirdly.

“Harry, I don’t get why you can’t see that she’s just as bad as Malfoy. Maybe even worse. I don’t trust her.”

Harry sighed angrily and turned back to Ron, who I’m not on speaking terms with since he keeps accusing Crookshanks of eating his dumb rat. I looked over at the Slytherin table and saw that Malfoy was looking over at the doors. I stood up and silently walked through them, looking for the couple.

I looked back and forth, and when I didn’t see them, I headed outside. I looked out over the school grounds and saw them sitting by the lake. I got closer and closer, hiding behind anything I could find, until I was close enough to hear their conversation. Olivia was talking about something, like a dream she had, and it sounded like she was crying.

“I don’t know how I could have been there, I was asleep in the hospital wing. But I was, and I killed him, George.  And when he lifted the curse, I still didn’t feel bad. I felt proud, like I finally accomplished something. And he said he would have me one way or another. I don’t know what I want anymore, George. I don’t know if I want to be on that side, or this side. He kept saying I would be excellent, especially with the guardian I have now. He was talking about Snape, I know it. But what does he want with me? Why can’t he just leave me alone?”

After that, she couldn’t talk anymore and just burst into tears. I looked around the tree to see George had his back to me and Olivia was facing me. She had her face in her hands, and George moved closer and hugged her, saying it would be alright. What was going on? What were they talking about?

Olivia moved her arms around George and buried her face into his shoulder, and he rocked her back and forth gently. Finally she stopped crying and looked up. She saw me and her eyes grew wide in shock. She sat back and George looked at her, confused. “What is it, Liv?” He asked worriedly.

“What are you doing here?” She asked me.

George turned and looked at me. “Hermione?”

Olivia stood up quickly. “How long have you been there?” she asked, wiping her eyes. I opened my mouth, but closed it quickly. Maybe I was wrong about her…

Olivia’s POV

I knew we should have been in a more private area. Now Hermione won't say anything. How long was she there? Did she hear everything? “How much did you hear, Hermione?” I asked again.

“Who did you kill?” she asked quietly.

I glanced at George. “Now you choose to believe me?” I asked back.

She shrugged. “I believe you killed someone. That’s not very hard to, when you were crying your eyes out. Who was it?” she asked again.

I sighed and looked at George. He shrugged. “It was a dream. Didn’t really happen. Is that when you started to listen?” I asked her.