Chapter 54

George’s POV

“So are you excited for the Quidditch World Cup this Summer?” Lee yelled over the music. I don’t know how he was invited, seeing as he had barely ever talked to Logan.

“I think my father is trying to get us tickets.” I yelled back. He nodded and went over to get a drink. I turned around and was stopped by Olivia. I smiled.

“Hey.” She returned my smile.

“I need to talk to you.” She yelled and took my hand. She led me out into the hallway and quickly closed the door behind her.

“Wha-” I was cut off by her turning and kissing me. She moved her arms around my neck and broke it off. I wrapped my arms behind her waist. She smiled again.

“You said you loved me?” she whispered.

I laughed and looked back at the door. “I’m going to take a wild guess and say that Ron told you.”

She laughed. “And what did I say?” she asked with a sly smile.

I laughed again. “We were interrupted. For future reference, don’t confess your feelings for someone in a crowded common room.” She laughed her beautiful laugh again. She pulled my head down for another kiss and I pulled her closer and deepened it. Merlin, I really did love her.

Harry’s POV

Logan’s party is awesome. Everyone is having a blast. I was about to go and talk to Olivia when I saw her leave with George, and curiosity got the best of me and I grabbed my invisibility cloak and slipped out before Olivia closed the door. What are they doing out here?

I gasped when she rushed forward and kissed George. When I noticed what I did, I crossed my fingers that she didn’t hear me. But she broke away and smiled as George put his arms around her waist. She whispered something to him, and I moved closer so I could hear. George laughed and looked back, and for a second I thought he could see me. But then I remembered the cloak, and I calmed down.

“I’m going to take a wild guess and say that Ron told you.” He turned back to her and she laughed.

“And what did I say?” she asked with a mysterious smile on her face. She also had this intense look in her eye I couldn’t place.

George laughed again. “We were interrupted. For future reference, don’t confess your feelings for someone in a crowded common room.” I finally understood. When he told her he loved her. But wouldn’t she remember that?

She laughed again and pulled him down for a kiss. After a few seconds it started to get really awkward and I was feeling like an intruder, when the door opened again and Hermione poked her head out. George and Olivia broke apart quickly. Hermione looked sheepishly at them.

“Oh, I am so sorry, but have you seen Harry?” she asked.

George sighed and looked down the hall. “Well, apparently he isn’t out here.” He shot Hermione a glare that clearly said ‘go away.’

Hermione ignored it. “Well, if you do see him, can you come and tell me? I have to talk to him.” I quickly moved back inside as Hermione closed the door, but not before we saw George lean down and kiss Olivia again. Talk about love birds. At least Olivia’s happy.

I walked to the far corner of the room and took the cloak off and put it back in my pocket. I sat in a chair and tried to look casual by getting a drink. I saw Hermione’s head popping above everyone else’s, searching for me. Finally she caught my eye and made her way over to me.

“There you are!” Her cheeks were flushed and she plopped down on the chair next to me.

“What’s up Hermione? What do you need?” I asked and took a drink.

“Harry, I need to ask you a question.” She had calmed down now and I smiled at her.

“Shoot.”

She smiled again and leaned closer to me. “Did Olivia tell you what happened?” She asked. I tilted my head.

“What are you talking about?”

Olivia’s POV

After Hermione left, me and George didn’t talk much.

Strange to think that if I didn’t come to Hogwarts I would be a boring eighth grader. But I did come here, and now I have the best boyfriend and the greatest friends anyone could ever have.

George broke away and smiled down at me. “Do you want to go back to the party?” he whispered. I shrugged and smiled back. He reached back and moved my arms so that one was around his waist and he put an arm around my shoulders.

When we came back inside we sat at a table and I sat in his lap. He laughed and wrapped his arms around me. I laid my head on his shoulder and watched people dance and mess around.

Before long, Harry stepped in front of me, cutting my view off. “Why didn’t you tell me, Olivia?” he demanded.

“Tell you what?” I sat up and George looked at Harry, confused about his sudden outburst. That makes two of us.

“That you were attacked! Who did it?” he asked and I noticed his face was a little flushed.

“Harry, it‘s alright. I‘m fine. You can calm down. And I don’t know who attacked me.” I said and laid back down.

Harry sighed and sat down. “But why didn’t you tell me?” he asked weakly.

“I didn’t think it was that important.” I admitted. He shook his head.

“Next time can you tell me? Even if you don’t think it’s that important?” he asked, sounding extremely worn-out.

I nodded. “Of course.”