Chapter 37

Everyone was excited for Winter break. It’s Friday, and we leave tomorrow. I had talked to Dumbledore, and he said it was a good idea if I left the castle, but Sev didn’t want me to leave. He said it wouldn’t be safe. But I finally talked him into letting me go.

George had sent his mother an owl, and she was more than happy to let me come, but George wouldn’t tell her my name. He said he wanted it to be a surprise. No matter how much she asked during the week, he wouldn’t tell her. 

I had only laughed, but now that I think about it, what if she’s not okay with a Slytherin coming? Then what happens? I have to come back on the train? At dinner I told George about my worries, but he only laughed, saying that everything would be fine. “You’re just paranoid. She’ll like you just fine.” he whispered in my ear.

I nodded and started to eat a few rolls that were on a plate in front of me. “George, can you walk down to the lake with me?” I asked him.

He nodded, like I knew he would, and stood up. I accioed for my coat and George followed. We walked out of the castle and he took my hand. “What do you want to talk about, Liv?” He asked as we walked down.

“Do you mind if I go visit him?” I asked. George knew who I was talking about immediately. He nodded.

“Can I come?” He asked. I looked over to the Whomping Willow.

“I don’t know George.” I sighed. I glanced back at him and he had his puppy dog eyes. I smiled. “You really want to?” I asked. He nodded excitedly, making me laugh. “I don’t care, George. But come when I freeze the tree, okay?” He nodded again and I changed to my wolf.

I walked over to the tree and dodged the branches until I was at the trunk. I put my paw on the specific spot and the branches rose and froze. I nodded to the hole in the ground and George came over to it. I walked through it just fine, but George had to crawl through. I walked until I was in the bottom floor of the Shrieking Shack.

George stood up when he came through and cleaned himself off with a spell. He nodded and I walked upstairs. I changed once I got to the doorway, seeing that Sirius was sitting in the chair in the corner, reading the Daily Prophet. He looked up at me and smiled. Then he saw George. He put the paper down and stood up.

“It’s alright, Sirius. It’s just George. George Weasley.” He nodded and came over to give me a hug. George came up behind me, watching Sirius closely. He still didn't fully trust Sirius. “So, you’re staying in the Shrieking Shack.” He said, looking around. Sirius nodded and went back to the seat. “Cozy place you have here.” George commented, sitting on the dust bed.

He said a quick spell and all the dust left. “Thank you, I was meaning to do that.” Sirius said. George just nodded and sat down.

“Sirius, I won’t be able to come during the Winter break to see you. I’m going to the Burrow with George and his family.” I said, tuning to Sirius.

Sirius nodded again. “Aren’t you forgetting something?” he asked.

I looked at George and back to him. “I don’t think so. I came to tell you that I would be gone for a few weeks or so.”

Sirius stood up again. “So, nothing happened Saturday night? You didn’t have to go to the hospital wing, or anything?”

How did he know about that? “Oh, it was just a miner headache. Nothing serious.”

He shook his head. “What about your dream. That must’ve shaken you up.” I nodded, glancing at George. He looked just as confused as I felt. How did Sirius know? But I didn't get to ask. “Are you alright now? No more weird dreams?” Sirius asked, oblivious to our confusion.