Right here

credits to lilysaplings

————————————————————————

It didn't take much. Five words, to be exact.

The clock at the bottom of my screen read 2:16 am when there was a low knock on my door. I twisted my neck to look over my shoulder to yell for them to come in.

Sapnap had the door pushed open just enough to stick his shoulder and head in. Dressed in a dark gray hoodie, light blue jeans and his high-top Nikes, he already had his keys in his hand and ready to bolt.

"You wanna take a drive?"

"Fuck yeah," I said with no hesitation as I pushed my hands against my desk to have my chair roll and spin in his direction. I grabbed the closest hoodie and pair of shoes before following him outside without another sentence exchange.

Sitting in the passenger's seat of Sapnap's matte black tesla put butterflies in my stomach alone. The warm yellow and bright green colors of the streetlights created shadows on his face as he drove us out of the city, looking for quiet roads with no other people around.

Orlando was still bustling with life in the late night. People flooding bars and clubs. Neon signs flickering with the last bit of light they got left in their life. Laugher on the sidewalks as happy drunks swung their shoes that now brought pain to their feet in the air as they tried to stand up straight or were clinging to their friends to make it to their bed for the night.

Low music was flowing out of the speakers that were connected to his phone. The familiar lyrics to some Chase Atlantic song had him humming as his foot was steady on the gas pedal. The beat was just loud enough to fill the comfortable silence.

With my head leaning against the headrest and my arms folded over my chest, I rolled my neck to look over at Sapnap. His body was relaxed as he drove with one hand on top of the wheel and his other laying in his lap. His thick eyebrows slightly furrowed as he paid close attention to the dark roads.

The stubble on his face and the hair at the back of his neck has grown longer. The strands of hair curling ruthlessly around the edges of his hat. The man was fucking gorgeous, and he definitely has to know it.

I took a deep breath as I crossed my leg over the other, "So, why'd you wanna take a drive?"

He shrugged as he took a quick glance over at me, "Was starting to feel a bit cooped up in that house."

"Why didn't you ask Dream or George?"

He raised his eyebrow at me.

"Okay, yeah, never mind."

He laughed so hard that his nose scrunched up like it always does when he laughs genuinely.

The lampposts were getting fewer and farther apart the longer he drove. The only light in the car came from the radio and the few random lights on his dashboard that meant nothing to me.

George recently got to Florida. And by recently, I mean five days ago and him and Dream have been up each other's ass. While Sapnap was a part of the celebrations and was happy that one of his best friends was finally living with him, but he wasn't oblivious to the fact that Dream and George are much closer.

"I don't think I've ever been this far out of the city." I said to break the silence.

I didn't grow up here. I've barely left the house as well. I just sit in my room, stream, edit, and post. Not that exciting of a life, to be honest. I loved it though, and I loved my community, but there wasn't much time for a social life or to simply go take a drive.